Suggestions for a wired NC headphones?

Vibora

Hey guys, im looking for a wired (preferably) over ear headphones with NC, audio quality is not the top priority. Anything under 400$ would be fine! Thanks!

As far as I'm aware there don't really exist strictly wired NC headphones since the power a headphone jack provides is not enough to power the circuitry required for NC. The Sony WH-1000XM4's are regarded to be some of if not the best noise cancelling headphones you can get, they have a headphone jack as well. Most websites such as rtings do rate them as the best. There is the newer Sony WH-1000XM5's but they do cost more and have no headphone jack.

71A9daPY+DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

As far as I'm aware there don't really exist strictly wired NC headphones since the power a headphone jack provides is not enough to power the circuitry required for NC. The Sony WH-1000XM4's are regarded to be some of if not the best noise cancelling headphones you can get, they have a headphone jack as well. Most websites such as rtings do rate them as the best. There is the newer Sony WH-1000XM5's but they do cost more and have no headphone jack.

71A9daPY+DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Damn thats tough, Im just looking to reduce my Bluetooth use.

1 minute ago, Vibora said:

Damn thats tough, Im just looking to reduce my Bluetooth use.

From my understanding according to this help article from Sony's website the headphone's noise cancelling can be used when wired, it's just that headset needs to be charged and powered on for the NC to work, otherwise you will only get sound.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

From my understanding according to this help article from Sony's website the headphone's noise cancelling can be used when wired, it's just that headset needs to be charged and powered on for the NC to work, otherwise you will only get sound.

Oh thats good, so basically its using the battery but its wired. thats still good as long as its not using bluetooth

noise cancelation through electronics isn't that much of a thing in wired headphones. but if you are looking at IEMs, there are great options in passive noise isolation that blocks out noise better than most active NCs. etymotic er2 and er4 series for example, i guarateed you will feel deaf after you insert them all the way into your ear canals.