Intel core i9-10850k Skyrockets to 100C whithout a reason

Dan Wienot
Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,
6 hours ago, Dan Wienot said:

AIO is working fine

It does not look fine. What AIO cooler do you have? There have been recalls of some AIOs that quickly failed. At 20W of power consumption, your CPU should not be reaching 100°C. 

When my 10850K is fully loaded running Cinebench, power consumption is 165W and the CPU temperature is only 63°C.

70gfbmj.png

Hi there! My 1.5 year old build started to violently overheat on CPU without any load on it. Thermal paste is new, cooler is placed perfectly if I would say so myself. AIO is working fine and all the other temperature on MB go around 40-50C, when CPU is skyrocketing at 100C with any basic load on it. 
For example sometimes when playing WoW, the CPU load is 5-10 %, and temps are somewhere at 60C, but 10 minutes later it just suddenly ramps up to 100 and doesnt fall of even after I turn off everything.

Specs:
Win 10

Intel core i9-10850k

Asus Prime Z490

Crucial Ballistix 32GB x2
OS on Kingston M.2 nvme drive
Graphics card RX 580 (but few month before it was a work-only computer without GPU and still randomly started overheating even just watchign YT)

I've done everything I could - reseted BIOS and tried undervolting it.
The only thing I cannot do - is to test that CPU on other system, since I dont have other one right now.
All the numbers (Voltage, Ratios and other stuff) seems absolutely normal. Here is 2 screenshots on idle, and on load that goes crazy (when for these specs it should be a piece of cake).

PS - It would be easy to say, that something is broken and needs a replacement, BUT. One in five times - systems runs perfectely fine (10-20% usage and 50-60 temps) for hours and then ramps suddenly up and never comes down.
PSS - It really behaves like its locked to 10% usage and when it's not enough it goes into permanent boost or something like that.

IDLE.png

LOAD.png

6 hours ago, Dan Wienot said:

AIO is working fine

It does not look fine. What AIO cooler do you have? There have been recalls of some AIOs that quickly failed. At 20W of power consumption, your CPU should not be reaching 100°C. 

When my 10850K is fully loaded running Cinebench, power consumption is 165W and the CPU temperature is only 63°C.

70gfbmj.png

18 hours ago, unclewebb said:

70gfbmj.png

Thanks for the reply!

i have cougar aqua 360 with 3 fans. 
The contact block running quite hot

ome tube is really hot and the other is quite chill. Blades are spinning , radiator is cleaned

i was thinking to buy a new aio, but thought I would type here first