System Diagnostic Tests failing/Errors - Maybe MB or Ram, Getting BSOD

Empire24453

Hello,

I have been getting BSOD lately for the last two days and running memory diagnostic tests and turns out that one of my memory sticks failed with an error, I have run tests for every single stick. Anyway, that being said, I removed that bad stick and had 24GB rather than 32GB and soon enough it BSOD again. I run diagnostic tests again for each stick and the outcome is that all memory sticks have passed with no errors. 

I have Corsair Vengeance 4x 8GB 3200mhz (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16) had it since December 2020

However, a couple of times it won't boot, with all of them or just with the single memory stick, getting a Dram error. Now that has happened I do not even know if it's the memory stick or the motherboard memory slots for that matter. When testing, I have my system running the memory at 3200mhz and set on the XMP2 with CPU at 5.1ghz 

The motherboard is (ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E) - So now running the memory diagnostic test again for the single ram stick that I think it's failing and the results again are - FAILED

So, I can't work out the fact that I'm getting memory diagnostic different results for one of my single ram sticks. Failed twice, failed with all 4 ram sticks in, failed as single ram slot A2, then it passed once and not failed in slot B2 then redo it again in the same slot and FAILED with an error.

So Maybe the motherboard ram slots are pooped or that memory stick is pooped

When in MSFS2020 and updating the content around 2gb while running and downloading, three times I had BSOD while doing that - using over 16gb ram at the time out of 24gb ram as I removed the bad stick or I thought it was anyway. 

Can anyone help me out THanks

3 minutes ago, Empire24453 said:

Hello,

I have been getting BSOD lately for the last two days and running memory diagnostic tests and turns out that one of my memory sticks failed with an error, I have run tests for every single stick. Anyway, that being said, I removed that bad stick and had 24GB rather than 32GB and soon enough it BSOD again. I run diagnostic tests again for each stick and the outcome is that all memory sticks have passed with no errors. 

I have Corsair Vengeance 4x 8GB 3200mhz (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16) had it since December 2020

However, a couple of times it won't boot, with all of them or just with the single memory stick, getting a Dram error. Now that has happened I do not even know if it's the memory stick or the motherboard memory slots for that matter. When testing, I have my system running the memory at 3200mhz and set on the XMP2 with CPU at 5.1ghz 

The motherboard is (ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E) - So now running the memory diagnostic test again for the single ram stick that I think it's failing and the results again are - FAILED

So, I can't work out the fact that I'm getting memory diagnostic different results for one of my single ram sticks. Failed twice, failed with all 4 ram sticks in, failed as single ram slot A2, then it passed once and not failed in slot B2 then redo it again in the same slot and FAILED with an error.

So Maybe the motherboard ram slots are pooped or that memory stick is pooped

When in MSFS2020 and updating the content around 2gb while running and downloading, three times I had BSOD while doing that - using over 16gb ram at the time out of 24gb ram as I removed the bad stick or I thought it was anyway. 

Can anyone help me out THanks

Sounds like a MB error might try to use a different one to see.

Welcome to Linus Drop Tips everyone. 

Spoiler

he drops things

7 minutes ago, Diamond86 said:

Sounds like a MB error might try to use a different one to see.

Running memTest86 for the first time and

IMG_20221129_193445.thumb.jpg.08cbf9ba8adcaadfbe3c0d107c00f2ec.jpg

that's with that single ram stick

After two hours using memTest86 for one of my BAD ram stick, Just one single stick not all of them the resuilts are pooped

IMG_20221129_213648.thumb.jpg.b5bcbdb0ed53e94d5bde34a6517331ee.jpgIMG_20221129_213712.thumb.jpg.bb8a0d6d14501e84ae1371bae75356fb.jpg

I'm now on my secound ram Stick and so far no errors appear