980ti classified randomly giving a blank screen

Mullet187

my friends evga 980Ti classified is randomly crashing to a blank screen. i have the fans at 75% at all times. Temps are around 45C at max during games.

can someone help please!

Due to the age of the card, it may be reaching end of life. If you reduce voltage to the vram and the GPU, and reduce clock speeds a little, does the card remain more stable?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

38 minutes ago, Mullet187 said:

my friends evga 980Ti classified is randomly crashing to a blank screen. i have the fans at 75% at all times. Temps are around 45C at max during games.

can someone help please!

make sure everything in your system is up to date eg drivers, bios and run a stress test on it and use a different video output cable

When you say randomly crashing, does it only happen when gaming/high usage or even when idle? depending on your answer, your troubleshooting steps might be different.

However, if this is randomly happening during a gameplay. The first thing you and your friends needs to know is to try to remember when did this first started. And what, if there's any, chances made on the computer? like updating win/OS or gpu drivers or motherboard's bios. Depending on what is your answer, you can try a system restore, if there was an update on windows, DDU and reinstall drivers or an order driver if you guys updated the drivers. If you updated the bios, then make sure all drivers are updated as well, if you haven't you might want to try to update it. You can also try to repair windows.

If the crash is still happening, it's now that you need to check the hardware. For example if it happened right after it was cleaned for example, you might have overtighten the screws on the cooler if you repasted the cpu, which could bend some pins. Or you need to check the psu and gpu, however you might need something to swap with. Test using another gpu if it's still getting those crashes and/or another psu. The main issue with this troubleshooting is that you need a working spar parts.