Anybody know whats wrong with this

Go to solution Solved by BiotechBen,

It's an antenna signal issue. Have had that type of thing happen before. 

I have a TV hooked up to an antenna and the picture looks funny (pic related) and I was wondering if it was a tv problem or an antenna problem. The tv is about 4 years old now and is used basically 24/7 by the old man and idk much about tv's so any help you guys can provide would be appreciated. If I were to give a slightly educated guess it would likely be an image processor issue but thats only because when i checked the antenna connection it was probably about 80 degrees fahrenheit which doesn't seem normal for a small 20ish inch tv.

317152668_837427577531803_1841731573943423651_n.jpg

In European DVB-C Standard I saw this happening with bad signal, although DVB-C is a wired standard.

Theoretically a hot antenna-jack has increased impedance which could lead to bad signal but I dont know if thats the case here.

Update: We gave it some time to cool off but it seems to be working for now. Will keep you guys posted and would love to hear more ideas about this. To answer @Caroline its a flat panel antenna that is just plugged straight into the tv and likely does any amplification by itself though I'm unsure as I didn't buy it and we have signal issues all the time here with antenna tv (metal roof in a "trailer park") so its sitting in the best orientation and spot we can provide and it was just warm to the touch and I was trying to provide what info I thought would be most relevant