RAM stability issues on Ryzen 7000

So I've just built my new PC with and R9 7950x and RTX 3090, however none of my games actually run without crashing, i think i've narrowed the issue down to memory speed, because when i run the memory at 4800 MHz the games run fine, but at 5600mhz and 6000mhz all the games just crash after like max 20 minutes (the high ram speed was with EXPO II in the bios enabled. the games most often dont even give an error code when crashing,

How do i get my pc stable with 6000Mhz ram? 

My parts are: 

CPU: Ryzen 9 7950x

MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair X670 HERO

GAME STORAGE: 5* 2TB HGST Ultrastar 7K2 (in pooled storage array)

RECORDING DRIVE: Toshiba P300 3TB

CASE:BeQuiet! Silentbase 801

COOLER: Noctua NHD-15

FANS: 9* Fractal Design Aspect 14 RGB

RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 NEO RGB F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

PSU: Seasonic Prime PX-1300

BOOTDRIVE: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB

Asus i guess has some weird RAM issues with earlier BIOS, most it has fixed with the latest BIOS upgrade have you updated your BIOS? 

21 minutes ago, TechLibtard said:

So I've just built my new PC with and R9 7950x and RTX 3090, however none of my games actually run without crashing, i think i've narrowed the issue down to memory speed, because when i run the memory at 4800 MHz the games run fine, but at 5600mhz and 6000mhz all the games just crash after like max 20 minutes (the high ram speed was with EXPO II in the bios enabled. the games most often dont even give an error code when crashing,

How do i get my pc stable with 6000Mhz ram? 

My parts are: 

CPU: Ryzen 9 7950x

MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair X670 HERO

GAME STORAGE: 5* 2TB HGST Ultrastar 7K2 (in pooled storage array)

RECORDING DRIVE: Toshiba P300 3TB

CASE:BeQuiet! Silentbase 801

COOLER: Noctua NHD-15

FANS: 9* Fractal Design Aspect 14 RGB

RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 NEO RGB F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

PSU: Seasonic Prime PX-1300

BOOTDRIVE: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB

Use OCCT or Memtest64 first to actually make sure it's your memory that unstable.  Let the tests run for awhile, maybe an hour or so to see if it throws an error.  If it does, you start moving the speed and timings until you get stability.  It's super tedious and takes time.  You probably need to watch some YouTube videos on tuning memory to get the hang of the process.

Did you check your memory with memtest? 6000MT RAM is technically out of spec for your CPU so the memory controller might not hack it. Make sure your RAM is installed correctly as indicated for your MB (most often 2/4). Are you using 2 sticks or 4? With 4 sticks you often don't get the same speed and timings as with 2. Maybe check if EXPO sets everything correctly.

If memtest indicates a problem and you didn't make any mistakes you can only hope that newer BIOS/chipset drivers fix your problems, otherwise you need to loosen the timings or clock down.

7 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

Use OCCT or Memtest64 first to actually make sure it's your memory that unstable.  Let the tests run for awhile, maybe an hour or so to see if it throws an error.  If it does, you start moving the speed and timings until you get stability.  It's super tedious and takes time.  You probably need to watch some YouTube videos on tuning memory to get the hang of the process.

So the reason i was suspecting mem is because even prime 95 spits out fatal error at 6000Mhz, however it did not complain at 5600Mhz but my games still crash at those speeds. But ill run memtest 64 then at both speeds, ill let you know what it'll say

4 minutes ago, zweilinkehaende said:

Did you check your memory with memtest? 6000MT RAM is technically out of spec for your CPU so the memory controller might not hack it. Make sure your RAM is installed correctly as indicated for your MB (most often 2/4). Are you using 2 sticks or 4? With 4 sticks you often don't get the same speed and timings as with 2. Maybe check if EXPO sets everything correctly.

If memtest indicates a problem and you didn't make any mistakes you can only hope that newer BIOS/chipset drivers fix your problems, otherwise you need to loosen the timings or clock down.

6000Mhz is indeed out of spec but pretty much everyone says its the sweet spot, besides that, its still strange then that 5600Mhz has issues, and i am using 2 sticks in the correct slots according to motherboard manual.

Ill run memtest64 at both speeds and ill let you know what it spits out, ill also update the bios

26 minutes ago, TechLibtard said:

6000Mhz is indeed out of spec but pretty much everyone says its the sweet spot, besides that, its still strange then that 5600Mhz has issues, and i am using 2 sticks in the correct slots according to motherboard manual.

Ill run memtest64 at both speeds and ill let you know what it spits out, ill also update the bios

Updating the Bios will probably fix your issue

47 minutes ago, agatong55 said:

Ill do that first thing in the morning

On 11/28/2022 at 9:33 PM, agatong55 said:

Bios update fixed the issue, thanks!