Ender 3 V2 or Ender 5 Pro

WkdPaul

Creality has some sales up here in Canada, I was looking that the Ender 3 for a while and now I'm wondering what would be best between the Ender 3 V2 or the Ender 5 Pro since they're almost the same price (3 v2 = $320, 5 Pro = $350)

I'm not familiar with 3D printing, I don' need the bigger print size the 5 has, so I'm guessing the 3 V2 would be ok for my usage and I could use the $20 for a small spool of filament.

Any opinions?

BTW, even though I mentioned the prices, cost isn't really an issue, I was thinking of spending up to $400 and I've heard lots of good things on the 3 v2 for the price.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

CoreXY style of printers can be massive chore to dial in perfectly, even if its a kit. I can recommend Ender3 v2 over Ender 5 Pro if you dont have experience with FDM 3d printers. As far as print space goes, I have been 3d printing for over 4 years now and I can tell you that I only utilized bigger printing area 4-5 times.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Leventyeah, I was thinking the bigger print size isn't that uselful on the Ender 5 Pro since it's only on the Z axis (300mm vs 250mm)

Having a 3D printer has been an itch for the last 3 years, there are SO many little things I'll model and print when I get it ... like the lock bar holders for my casement windows, it's small plastic clips that I can't find anywhere and have been "fixing" with small wood blocks that cracks every year!

Also, there's a shit ton of community support for the Ender 3 (any and all variations), so it seems like a good choice if one plans on using support and mods from the community (there's a lot for the Ender 5, but it doesn't seem as much as the 3).

26 minutes ago, that_dude said:

What about an Prusa i3 mini kit? 

Being in Canada, price and availability is shit, brand new, the Prusa i3 mini, shipped to me would be $675 CAD + any import fee it may incur. (used is cheaper, but again, availability in my area isn't great).

Creality has distributors and an official store (on Amazon) in Canada, the prices I listed ($320 and $350, all in CAD) are what the officials store listing them for sales are currently, and that includes shipping.

The Prusa i3 mini seems like a great printer, but I'm not sure it's worth over double the price of an Ender 3 or 5.

For the filaments, no worries, there's a local store with good supplies and they currently have sales for some filaments, it's more than $20 CAD, but close enough 😉 

Edited by WkdPaul

Turns out the Ender 3 v2 was on sale locally for $265 from a big retailer (Canada Computers). So I OP placed a pickup order and will probably get it tomorrow!

Edited by WkdPaul

• 3 weeks later...

So, I got 3 spools of filament, only tried 2, the first one is cheap "no brand" filament, the other is Creality filament... Turns out I'm have a TON of problems with the Creality filament (specifically bed and layer adhesion), I tried the temp tower to see if it was related but it's not, I think it's just a bad batch?

The cheap brand works fantastic, so I'm wondering if I should bring the Creality branded filament that's unopened for an exchange... They also have Flashforge filament that I might try regardless.

Turns out it was 100% user error ... One of the Cura profile had a temp of 175°c !!! I'm surprised the cheap no-brand filament had no issues with that!!