Gigabyte 3070 sitting at 91 degrees under load, help

Just bought myself a GIGABYTE 3070 Eagle OC, as an upgrade to my Asus 1060 6GB (Btw, holy smokes, what an upgrade)

Played a couple of MW2 games an noticed it was sitting at 91 degrees at 100% fan speed, which I thought was quite hot.

Read a couple of articles and concluded that it was definitely running too hot. 

My case is currently a Phanteks P400S. Tried taking of the front panel and it instantly dropped to a steady 77-78 degrees under load.

I know the P400S isn't the best case for airflow, but it is really that bad? Is there anything I can do too improve temps, without having to take of the front panel every time I'm gaming?

System:

Asus Prime Z590-A

i5-11600k

Corsair Hydro H115i

GIGABTYTE RTX 3070 Eagle OC

What case fans are you using? Where is the rad mounted?

Have you tried undervolting?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, Hyttelus said:

Tried taking off the front panel and it instantly dropped to a steady 77-78 degrees under load.

Yep that’ll do it.

3 hours ago, Hyttelus said:

Is there anything I can do too improve temps, without having to take of the front panel every time I'm gaming?

Here’s a neat video showing the mesh panel of the P400A fitted to the P400S, & modified to improve the lighting effect (if you prefer it)…

The mesh panel isn’t that expensive either. Nice little upgrade for you…
https://www.phanteks.store/products/phanteks-eclipse-p400a-air-mesh-front-panel

11 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case fans are you using? Where is the rad mounted?

Have you tried undervolting?

Just installed two 140mm be quiet Silent Wings 4 as my radiator fans, and a 120mm Pure Wings as exhaust as a part of the upgrade after the original post was made. Radiator is front mounted. Now sitting at 75-77 degrees with the front panel of. Have not tried undervolting,.

8 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Yep that’ll do it.

Here’s a neat video showing the mesh panel of the P400A fitted to the P400S, & modified to improve the lighting effect (if you prefer it)…

The mesh panel isn’t that expensive either. Nice little upgrade for you…
https://www.phanteks.store/products/phanteks-eclipse-p400a-air-mesh-front-panel

That looks like something I need. Thanks.