Asrock Phantom Gamng ITX: B550 or X570

Turbof1
Go to solution Solved by JoHeJo06,

what are the exact models of the motherboards?

because X570 is older, it was available almost a year before B550 was released, and ive seen X570 boards of the same series as B550 boards with worse power delivery.

(the asrock X570 and B550 extreme4)

Hello!

I am planning an am4 itx mini pc build with a 5700X cpu; I plan to use it for some light video editing with shotcut. I have narrowed down my motherboard choice between aforementioned 2 motherboards. Price difference is only a couple of euro's.

now importantly, the B550 has one more USB A port than the X570. I assume the X570 has better power stages, but I am not sure i even need that for a ryzen 5700X.

What would be the better choice?

what are the exact models of the motherboards?

because X570 is older, it was available almost a year before B550 was released, and ive seen X570 boards of the same series as B550 boards with worse power delivery.

(the asrock X570 and B550 extreme4)

I decided on the B550. I looked up more reviews and bascally all are saying they are more or less the same. The X570 has nothing to convince me over, the B550 has that extra usb-A port at the I/O, which wins me over.

i was just about to say the same, the B550 model is the best.  the B550 has better I/O, like the extra usb and 2.5G ethernet.  everything on the B550 but the VRMs is just better.

good choice!