Wireless Headsets - Are there any good ones?

will0hlep

Hi all,

I'm looking for a set of wireless headphones but all of the sets I've seen have poor (or worse) microphones quality.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Just now, merco said:

Why is microphone quality important to you? What is your budget?

I use Discord constantly while gaming and do several video calls for work. I'm not looking for streaming quality, just looking for it to not be awful.

I would stick to my Wired set but I want to be able to seemlessly move between playing on my PC (at my desk) and playing on my consoles (on the sofa in the same room) without moving my discord call to another device or trailing a huge extension cable across the room.

As for budget: I think I'd go as high as £150

Headset mics are almost always garbage, as they're merely a checkbox on a feature list, and not a major selling point. If you need a good microphone you should invest in a real microphone and possibly a boom arm and interface. Don't buy the crappy Blue mics, they're overpriced consumer trash. I suggest looking on Thomann or a dedicated audio equipment retailer.

5 minutes ago, Zipdox said:

Headset mics are almost always garbage, as they're merely a checkbox on a feature list, and not a major selling point. If you need a good microphone you should invest in a real microphone and possibly a boom arm and interface. Don't buy the crappy Blue mics, they're overpriced consumer trash. I suggest looking on Thomann or a dedicated audio equipment retailer.

I don't think a seperate mic on a boom arm is an option as I'm looking to move around the room while using it:

22 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

I would stick to my Wired set but I want to be able to seemlessly move between playing on my PC (at my desk) and playing on my consoles (on the sofa in the same room) without moving my discord call to another device or trailing a huge extension cable across the room.

I'd say the SteelSeries Arctis 7+ Wireless might fit your bill, it's currently £120 in the UK, or have a look at the Logitech G Pro X Wireless which would be £150. 

You can listen to the mic quality here:

https://www.soundguys.com/steelseries-arctis-7-plus-wireless-review-67516/

https://www.soundguys.com/logitech-g-pro-x-wireless-review-40137/

Really good quality can't be achieved with a headset like that as was already mentioned, but I think it should be perfectly fine for what you are trying to do with it.