Automated Cooler in Desk

Hey! 
I‘m new to the forum and had a question that I thought all of you might be able to really help with!

Im moving into a new apartment after living in dorms and will be getting a new desk. I went with the IKEA Malm with a cabinet, not the pull-out version, as I want to be able to put my PS4 and eventually a PS5 inside so as not to compromise desk space. This is where my problem begins. I worry (well, know) that the closed door will not offer enough circulation causing the system to over heat. My idea was to add at least two fans, one intake and one outtake, to combat this problem. What I had envisioned was a setup with its own power supply hooked up to the two fans as well as a temperature sensor that I could place inside the cabinet; that way once the ambient temperature  goes above a certain point the fans would kick on as necessary. 
I thought perhaps something like a raspberry pi would do the trick, but I have to admit this is by no means my area of expertise. 
Could anyone offer some advice? 

Thanks so much in advance!

I am aware i could just buy some USB powered fans off Amazon but I’d like to try and learn some new things and challenge myself with a new project 

59 minutes ago, Skanheap said:

Hey! 
I‘m new to the forum and had a question that I thought all of you might be able to really help with!

Im moving into a new apartment after living in dorms and will be getting a new desk. I went with the IKEA Malm with a cabinet, not the pull-out version, as I want to be able to put my PS4 and eventually a PS5 inside so as not to compromise desk space. This is where my problem begins. I worry (well, know) that the closed door will not offer enough circulation causing the system to over heat. My idea was to add at least two fans, one intake and one outtake, to combat this problem. What I had envisioned was a setup with its own power supply hooked up to the two fans as well as a temperature sensor that I could place inside the cabinet; that way once the ambient temperature  goes above a certain point the fans would kick on as necessary. 
I thought perhaps something like a raspberry pi would do the trick, but I have to admit this is by no means my area of expertise. 
Could anyone offer some advice? 

Thanks so much in advance!

Two ways to do it I know of: ac or dc.  With the ac version you get ac fans and grills off eBay, cut holes with the appropriately sized hole saw, and mount the fans on one side and the grills on the other, wire them together (I personally would use rubber tape (which is different than electrical tape and a lot thicker) like it’s a small engine) The DC option assumes you have spare case fans but is otherwise much the same.  You need a 12v DC source which can be an old computer PSU if you’ve got one of those lying around. Then a hole in the back for the PSU AC plug either way, and plug it into a wall or whatever.  A computer PSU will need to have its 24 pin connector shorted for it to work, but that isn’t hard. If the cabinet has big enough spaces on its sides you may only need one fan and fan hole.  Just do air in and air out is through the cracks.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.