MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT vs ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT

Finace

The ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT is currently in stock for the same price the MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT was in stock for and I'm not sure wether or not to wait for the MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT to come in stock or to just buy the ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT right now. 

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q3wsgb

Both will perform exactly the same. Buy whichever is cheaper/has the better warranty/looks nicer in your case. 

CPU i5 12600K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 10GB | RAM 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200 MHz | Monitor Alienware AW2721D / ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

5 hours ago, Bobbysixjp said:

Both will perform exactly the same. Buy whichever is cheaper/has the better warranty/looks nicer in your case. 

but would one produce more noise than the other, like coil whine or anything of that sort. 

9 hours ago, Finace said:

The ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT is currently in stock for the same price the MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT was in stock for and I'm not sure wether or not to wait for the MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT to come in stock or to just buy the ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT right now. 

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q3wsgb

Personally I think you're overthinking this a bit too much. I doubt there's much difference in either in that regard, and if you're gaming, or watching youtube, or listening to music you'll be A-okay with either.

From TPU reviews, the Asrock is cooler but noisier. 

IMO not by much, if you don't want to wait I suggest grab the Asrock and tune it yourself.

image.png.3ff2d4c85f57a692acf5529b7a7d2004.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Coil whine is very random and verys down to card to card.Like said pick the one that fits your case and looks better to you.