Jump to content

First time build, fans do not plug into mobo

JT7
 Share

PC parts

Mobo - PRIME H610M-E D4

Case - Aerocool hive mid tower (comes with 3 fans)

Fans - aerocool (could not find the details)

 

The fan's pins from this case does not fit into the mobo fan's pins, 

The fans pins can connect to each other leaving two cables left, GDV and a 4 pin with a blank in the middle (pic)

Do I need to buy an adapter or plug those into different spots or buy new fans? 

 

 

492403639_pcproblems.jpg

pc pr 3.jpg

216026845_pcpr2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The top picture is the RGB connector.

The bottom you can use it in the CHA header.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems you have 3 pin non PWM fans, they do fit in the 4 pin mobo fan headers, you have the small indent on the plug to insert it properly 

GDV seems German for RGB, to plug in RGB header 😛 

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 / RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Seems you have 3 pin non PWM fans, they do fit in the 4 pin mobo fan headers, you have the small indent on the plug to insert it properly 

GDV seems German for RGB, to plug in RGB header 😛 

So should  I force the fans pins in the fan header then? cus it feels so off, the fans pin has a clip in the middle but the fan header has a small guard slightly to the left

 

So what do I do with the other cable linked to the GDV? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JT7 said:

So should  I force the fans pins in the fan header then? cus it feels so off, the fans pin has a clip in the middle but the fan header has a small guard slightly to the left

 

So what do I do with the other cable linked to the GDV? 

Maybe we need better pics but the 3 pins cable should plug in the 3 right or leftmost pins of the 4 pin header (if this makes sense 🙂

image.png.93c5183d22d675d0cc30ee18e97eafcc.png

 

GDV cable shoud go in the header called ARGB/Rainbow, well the one with matching round pins, but the 3 pins one (not RGB which has 4)

image.png.019eb968cab7db0c9c5340760439d337.png

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 / RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Maybe we need better pics but the 3 pins cable should plug in the 3 right or leftmost pins of the 4 pin header (if this makes sense 🙂

image.png.93c5183d22d675d0cc30ee18e97eafcc.png

 

GDV cable shoud go in the header called ARGB/Rainbow, well the one with matching round pins, but the 3 pins one (not RGB which has 4)

image.png.019eb968cab7db0c9c5340760439d337.png

For the ARGB the mobo does seem to have that so thats that problem sorted thank you

 

in terms with the fans it doesn't look like that in your pics,

 

113207791_fanpin.jpg

431673919_fanpins.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JT7 said:

For the ARGB the mobo does seem to have that so thats that problem sorted thank you

 

in terms with the fans it doesn't look like that in your pics,

 

113207791_fanpin.jpg

431673919_fanpins.jpg

Oh then it's a PWM 4 pins it should have no problem going into any SYS or FAN header 

What's your board ? It should be quite old to have no RGB at all ??

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 / RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Oh then it's a PWM 4 pins it should have no problem going into any SYS or FAN header 

What's your board ? It should be quite old to have no RGB at all ??

Mobo : Prime H610M-E D4

 

So I should put it in the header then even with the weird clips and guard on the fans and board

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JT7 said:

Mobo : Prime H610M-E D4

 

So I should put it in the header then even with the weird clips and guard on the fans and board

 

Don't bother with clips you should make the pins entering the header normally..

And your board has 1 RGB header according to specs

https://www.asus.com/fr/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-h610m-e-d4/techspec/

At the "10" mark

image.thumb.png.7abafd951e94bcdeac38003b67668682.png

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 / RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Don't bother with clips you should make the pins entering the header normally..

And your board has 1 RGB header according to specs

https://www.asus.com/fr/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-h610m-e-d4/techspec/

At the "10" mark

image.thumb.png.7abafd951e94bcdeac38003b67668682.png

RGB done

 

The clip thingy (pic) on the fan is brushing against the black guard thing on the fan header, I tried different orientation and it doesn't work

 

I found an old post about the same problem and an interesting solution was to connect the fans together and just plug in the rest (RGB and Power cable), so not using the fan header. 

I wanna know your thoughts on this

 

Also sorry for this long back and forth, thanking for helping

 

fan pins 1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JT7 said:

RGB done

 

The clip thingy (pic) on the fan is brushing against the black guard thing on the fan header, I tried different orientation and it doesn't work

 

I found an old post about the same problem and an interesting solution was to connect the fans together and just plug in the rest (RGB and Power cable), so not using the fan header. 

I wanna know your thoughts on this

 

Also sorry for this long back and forth, thanking for helping

 

fan pins 1.jpg

Can't figure why it won't work...

Did you try to put it inverting top and bottom?

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 / RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Can't figure why it won't work...

Did you try to put it inverting top and bottom?

I tried, I think I should just replace this case or buy new fans & maybe an adapter to see if it fits

Thank you for helping me out today, I appreciate the time and effort in trying to solve this problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×