[US] [Amazon] Thermalright’s FC140 $49.19 USD from Amazon ($61.49 + 20% off)

neckwasher

Hello everyone,

I found this deal on Amazon for Thermalright’s Frost Commander 140 CPU cooler. To get 20% off, you have to clip the coupon for this item by pressing the check mark near the price of the item. It has options for white, black or gray. As for the performance, I’ve heard that it outperforms Deepcool’s AK620 (fyi, the AK620 cooler is on Sale at Newegg for $50 USD w/ promo code) and even Noctua’s NH-D15 (a bit skeptical on it comparing to the NH-D15) under a 260w load. I’m not sure how long this deals will last since Amazon coupons don’t show expiration dates, they only tell you when the coupon is expiring soon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JZ7B32Q?m=A1BCKG4OE2CKC4&ref=clp_pc_a_A7IOGZARN24SR

The AK-620 is better than the NH-D15 hands down in reviews, so if this keeps up with the 620?  It's better than the D15.

The only caveat here:

You need a 160+mm heatsink clearance to use this, which is REALLY big.

30 minutes ago, tkitch said:

160mm is actually pretty standard for most mid towers. 165+ is what most would consider really bif, and anything 170+ is REALLY big (only a handful of coolers have ever been that tall as far as I know)

I'm surprised the fans spin at 1850 but claim only 28dba. That's pretty good especially for $50

GN's reviews says they measured 42dB, which was as good or better than the Assassins creed 3 or NH-D15. Damn. Both of those towers are taller too

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 11/22/2022 at 12:25 PM, tkitch said:

The AK-620 is better than the NH-D15 hands down in reviews, so if this keeps up with the 620?  It's better than the D15.

The only caveat here:

Thanks, was about to buy this but my mx330 is only a 155mm clearance! Boy would that have sucked. 

Sadly it also can only take a 240 or 120 AIO, most the sub $100 deals this week on AIO are 280mm or bigger haha.