Wattage & Amps of Lian Li Uni Fans SL-INF (120) ???

Kratos

Hi, as the title says, what are the wattages & amps of the Lian Li Uni fan SL-INF?

I saw they draw 5.16W but since you can stack 4 of them, is that per fan or per connector? The controller can stack up to 4 on each fan header. 

Fan header then goes to a single port on the motherboard yes, but that fan header is carrying all the Wattage & amps to a single motherboard header?

According to a calculator, the fans are 12v so it would be like 0.43 Amps. But I still don't know if that is per fan or per connection (4 fans). If its per fan then...

would I have to hook it up to a motherboard fan header that supports 1.72 Amps? 

I want to use 4 uni fans for a 480 mm radiator to cool the CPU. I was looking at some Aorus Z790 Motherboards and they all support 2 Amps on each header.

Thanks!

From what I can see on the website, there's a 4 pin fan header and a 4 pin ARGB header  ... only the motor of the fan draws power from the cpu fan header, the leds would take power from the ARGB header.  You're probably looking at 0.15-0.2A for the motor, and the rest is RGB bling.

If you buy 4 such fans, you'd probably want to buy the hub as well, and then that hub is probably powered through a sata power connector or something, so you wouldn't care about the fan headers on motherboard.

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

From what I can see on the website, there's a 4 pin fan header and a 4 pin ARGB header  ... only the motor of the fan draws power from the cpu fan header, the leds would take power from the ARGB header.  You're probably looking at 0.15-0.2A for the motor, and the rest is RGB bling.

If you buy 4 such fans, you'd probably want to buy the hub as well, and then that hub is probably powered through a sata power connector or something, so you wouldn't care about the fan headers on motherboard.

Yes, that is my idea excatly, I was going to buy the 3x bundle + controller included and then buy a 4th separate one. 

Even though if it's Sata powered, doesn't the motherboard still have to handle the amps?

Thank you for your repply by the way

No.

If you use a hub, the hub should power the fans from the sata power connector. If there's a cable from the hub to the fan header on the motherboard, most likely it's there just for the rpm wires (hub tells the motherboard the fan speed)  and the pwm signal (so that motherboard aka the bios can tell the hub to adjust speed to some percentage, and then hub in turn will change the speed). Some hubs will ignore the pwm signal and instead will allow you to control the speeds through software or some temperature curves, and the software communicates with the hub through a usb connection (the hub also gets connected to a usb header on motherboard)

If you don't use a hub, you'll have 4 fans chained, but you'll have 4 fan motors with one cable going to fan header on motherboard  and you'll have a separate ARGB connector that chains together all the RGB leds on the 4 fans.