My CPU sat at 88 degrees for a couple of seconds. Should I be concerned?

Priscal

I did a full scan on my laptop and checking the cpu temps few seconds later to see it was sitting at 88 degrees. I lowered down the performance imidiately and it cooled down at 76 degrees. I don't know if that brief moment of high temp has any affect on my cpu. I'm curious to know your answers.

No, you should not be concerned with these temps they are probably well in spec.

These temps are unfortunatly common in practicly all laptops, as almost all laptops all thermally constraint.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

what chip is it?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

45 minutes ago, Priscal said:

I did a full scan on my laptop and checking the cpu temps few seconds later to see it was sitting at 88 degrees. I lowered down the performance imidiately and it cooled down at 76 degrees. I don't know if that brief moment of high temp has any affect on my cpu. I'm curious to know your answers.

Nah you're good, it's normal for most laptops to be much hotter than desktop CPUs. I had an old Lenovo which had the fan blower cover chassis exposed cause it broke and it was comparable to touching a hot skillet. It probably ran at 90ish degrees for many years.