Looking for my first case for my first build

Marc Carriere
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
6 hours ago, Marc Carriere said:

hyte y60

That case looks very interesting, I'm curious how you will find building inside it

Hi first time builder here I like to get a nice case to start with one less thing to upgrade later lol. All the case I like I can't find. Lol so here we Go number 1: Hyte Y60 white , 2: Lian Li Lancool III mesh White , 3: Corsair iCUE RBG Whitr, finally 4: Be Quiet Pure Base 500 FX. One what one would you pick and why , 2 would risk ordering a case from Neweggs lol if the only option left. Like a big case easy to work with. Any option be great thank you very much 🙂 plus my gaming setup now it really sad Xbox one lol wanting to go back to PC 

Screenshot_20221115-162304.png

Screenshot_20221115-200613.png

Screenshot_20221115-200730.png

Screenshot_20221115-161157.png

IMG_20221115_200208776_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221115_200200430_HDR.jpg

I have no preference other than to be mindful of front glass panels, they restrict airflow. 

Personally I like the Phanteks Evolv Shift, it's as beautiful as it is terrible in everything

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

I have no preference other than to be mindful of front glass panels, they restrict airflow. 

Personally I like the Phanteks Evolv Shift, it's as beautiful as it is terrible in everything

link to the case please and those it come in white. super thank by the way 🙂

1 minute ago, that_dude said:

Fractal design torrent compact.

1. It's the cheapest from your list. Unless it's a crazy high end PC don't spend that much on a case.

2. It's a good case.

cheapest I can find it 279.99 making it one the highest I could find I like lol... but I hear Gamer Nexues like the torrent and the hyte y60 .. but both hard to get for me . Looking like Neweggs maybe my only option 

Super thank you for edvice 🙂

5 minutes ago, that_dude said:

The Phanteks Shift isn't great for aircooling and even with watercooling not great airflow.

That's what I said. It's as beautiful as it is terrible at everything else. I had one, lord did I love the look, lord did I hate building it.

@Marc Carriere

pFQDgayaSCZ2Qjteyih4Q7.jpg

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's what I said. It's as beautiful as it is terrible at everything else. I had one, lord did I love the look, lord did I hate building it.

@Marc Carriere

pFQDgayaSCZ2Qjteyih4Q7.jpg

I be Kicking my own butt on that one lol Look amazing but omg I need help getting my hands out of it has I build it lol.

2 minutes ago, Marc Carriere said:

getting my hands out of it has I build it lol.

It's larger than it looks, but it's built for vertical components and as such, part fitment can be a real PITA. IIRC I had to use a flexATX PSU and cable management was the worst I've seen since generic cases from the 90s.

But damn it looks like a work of art! 

It's larger than it looks, but it's built for vertical components and as such, part fitment can be a real PITA. IIRC I had to use a flexATX PSU and cable management was the worst I've seen since generic cases from the 90s.

I want to see pictures now lol that sound like a sweet nightmare that turns in to a dream 🙂 Starting to think of buy use case cutting it and making new case from stracth using part from the use case. like power bottom motherboard mounts ect..

3 minutes ago, Marc Carriere said:

I want to see pictures now lol that sound like a sweet nightmare that turns in to a dream 🙂 Starting to think of buy use case cutting it and making new case from stracth using part from the use case. like power bottom motherboard mounts ect..

I got rid of it years ago. I get bored and build systems and give them away to deserving folk.

Sorry, no pics

3 minutes ago, that_dude said:

In Germany it goes on sale for 90€. Anyway. So the next best is the BeQuiet DX500 (from your list). Solid case and if GN reviewed they propably liked it with minor critisisim.

Looking at Newegg .ca (to name some good midrange options):

Fractal Design pop air: $115-160: https://www.newegg.ca/black-cyan-fractal-design-pop-air-rgb-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352171

Fractal Design pop air mini : $130 https://www.newegg.ca/white-fractal-design-pop-mini-air-rgb-micro-atx-tower/p/N82E16811352163

Corsair 4000D airflow: $140 https://www.newegg.ca/black-corsair-4000d-airflow-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811139156

Fractal Design Meshify C: $115 https://www.newegg.ca/black-fractal-design-meshify-c-dark-tg-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352072

you trust neweggs to order cases from them ??? kind of not sure about them

After I seen people having issue ordering from them but I guess on case your pretty safe 🙂 and thank you for the help. I am very picky on style ect. rather pay bit more get something I wont upgrade next year lol. but looking at the option you put up now 🙂

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I got rid of it years ago. I get bored and build systems and give them away to deserving folk.

Sorry, no pics

Damn your nice bro 🙂 on disability here 50$ here 100$ their save then buy apart save again lol all get their by next year but all get their lol

1 minute ago, Marc Carriere said:

Damn your nice bro 🙂 on disability here 50$ here 100$ their save then buy apart save again lol all get their by next year but all get their lol

Thank you, it's a hobby and I enjoy the building aspect far more than I do enjoy actually using the systems.

3 minutes ago, that_dude said:

You linked initially Newegg and I am european so no Newegg here.

From what I read they still have the same problems with customer service so propably look at other candian retailer but prices are propably comparable.

What is the price point of the entire build. If you build a $2000 and up PC sure just go for it. With budget constrained build it is benefical to not blow the enitre budget on astehtics. $100 torwards other parts can make a signifcant diffrence. It could be the diffrence between 1TB and 2TB or between shitty GPU cooler and silent GPU.

True I do like the https://www.newegg.ca/white-fractal-design-pop-air-rgb-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352170?Description=Fractal Design Pop&cm_re=Fractal_Design Pop-_-11-352-170-_-Product 

and 

https://www.newegg.ca/white-fractal-design-pop-xl-air-rgb-atx-full-tower/p/N82E16811352179?Description=Fractal Design Pop&cm_re=Fractal_Design Pop-_-11-352-179-_-Product

this 2 are not bad 

but then buy a cheap case just to add 100$ of fan lol. but their so many option really out their hoping to spend 2000$ to 2400$ CND in the next year take my time reacher every part before buying ect.. alot of noob question coming 

Thank you, it's a hobby and I enjoy the building aspect far more than I do enjoy actually using the systems.

I love gaming switch to xbox when I move from BC in 2013 now I want a PC again but never build one

16 minutes ago, Marc Carriere said:

I love gaming switch to xbox when I move from BC in 2013 now I want a PC again but never build one

It's a lot of fun building your first system. 

It's a lot of fun building your first system. 

I cant wait will take me a year of buy part but I can't wait hope like painting minatures then I am hook and doomed lol

Just now, Marc Carriere said:

I cant wait will take me a year of buy part but I can't wait hope like painting minatures then I am hook and doomed lol

I too love painting miniatures. I bought a 3d resin printer so I can print my own, any size I want (yeah, I'm terrible at painting, still do it tho)

IMG_20220818_114436936.jpg

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I too love painting miniatures. I bought a 3d resin printer so I can print my own, any size I want (yeah, I'm terrible at painting, still do it tho)

That bad ass bro. I ok at painting working on a blood bowl team I printed on a phrozen 4k lol 

IMG_20221115_213737194.jpg

IMG_20221115_213727492.jpg

IMG_20221115_213723064.jpg

IMG_20221115_213712283.jpg

IMG_20221115_213709978.jpg

IMG_20221115_213656362.jpg

3d printer rock starting to think of printing a case I got a ender 5 pro has well lol as the phrozen 4k 

1 minute ago, Marc Carriere said:

phrozen 4k

Nice printer. I have an elegoo Mars 3.

Anyway, back on topic, picking a case is a good starting point, there is a site (in case you didn't know about it) called PCPartPicker (https://pcpartpicker.com/) it can help you with determining if the parts you want, all fit together. Pretty useful for new folks

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Anyway, back on topic, picking a case is a good starting point, there is a site (in case you didn't know about it) called PCPartPicker (https://pcpartpicker.com/) it can help you with determining if the parts you want, all fit together. Pretty useful for new folks

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/KsH9pH

my list stuck at case and power supply 

Just now, Marc Carriere said:

printing a case

FDM generally doesn't hold up well enough to support a full build. There are other types of filament to choose from, with varying costs and degrees of difficulty in using. You'd probably be better off buying a case for your first build, then perhaps making a miniITX with a printed case for your next build.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

FDM generally doesn't hold up well enough to support a full build. There are other types of filament to choose from, with varying costs and degrees of difficulty in using. You'd probably be better off buying a case for your first build, then perhaps making a miniITX with a printed case for your next build.

to true on that for sure

3 minutes ago, Marc Carriere said:

to true on that for sure

Someone here, possibly a few years ago, was working on a 3d printed full sized PC case, but I can't find it now. They seemed pretty intent on doing it, so it might be worth searching around this site to find the original thread.

Anyway, it's late for me, catch you later!