Which wave of LTT Backpacks will have the updated zipper pulls

Linus has talked about the issues with the current zipper pulls and how they are going to offer an alternative to those that have purchased the backpack.

When will production start to implement the new zipper pulls? 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I don't think they've actually decided on which ones to replace them with yet. I could be wrong, though.

I received mine today and it doesn't have any replacement zippers included. Not sure what the process is for requesting these?

Linus addressed this during a WAN Show. As of now, they still haven't decided on what the replacement will be. They are also working on a tool so you can easily replace them when they finalize everything. Right now, you just need to be careful with your pulls and just be patient while they get everything sorted out.

Email I received from support reference this question;

We are aware that the carabiner zipper pulls on the LTT Backpack have a failure point that commonly leads to them breaking as yours has. This is caused by side-to-side pressure on the carabiner. Our engineering team is actively working on a fix for this.

We will be implementing an improved version of these carabiners in the coming weeks. Since your backpack has shipped already, a repair kit will be shipped separately on a later date. These repair kits are still in the design-phase at this time, but we will announce further details as soon as we are able.

In the event that your backpack's carabiners break before we have begun to implement repair kits, and you require an immediate solution, please contact us again so that we can explore further options.

Ah nuts. It would have been nice to know this before I ordered my backpack. Ironic that this happens to something Linus is selling since he warned us about being an early adopter. 

My Gaming Rig

• CPU Intel Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz Motherboard ASUS H87M-PLUS RAM 16 GB DDR GPU GeForce GTX 1070 Storage 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO PSU Cooler Master 750 W
  • Case Vision Computers Eclipse
  • Display Acer XFA240 24" Gaming G-SYNC Compatible Monitor. 1920 x 1080 144hz Refresh Rate.
  • Vision Computers https://visioncomputers.com/shop/home

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, got2best said:

Updates? 

Updated carabiners are still in the design phase as of now. We want to make sure we get these 100% right which is why there hasn't been much in the way of new info since the initial announcement.

You'll definitely be hearing from us as soon as we have more to share. In the meantime, if your backpack's carabiners are broken and you require some type of interim solution, message support (support@lttstore.com) and we can discuss options. 🙂

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Message support@lttstore.com

Trust me bro