Which wave of LTT Backpacks will have the updated zipper pulls

Linus has talked about the issues with the current zipper pulls and how they are going to offer an alternative to those that have purchased the backpack.

When will production start to implement the new zipper pulls? 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I don't think they've actually decided on which ones to replace them with yet. I could be wrong, though.

I received mine today and it doesn't have any replacement zippers included. Not sure what the process is for requesting these?

Linus addressed this during a WAN Show. As of now, they still haven't decided on what the replacement will be. They are also working on a tool so you can easily replace them when they finalize everything. Right now, you just need to be careful with your pulls and just be patient while they get everything sorted out.

Email I received from support reference this question;

We are aware that the carabiner zipper pulls on the LTT Backpack have a failure point that commonly leads to them breaking as yours has. This is caused by side-to-side pressure on the carabiner. Our engineering team is actively working on a fix for this.

We will be implementing an improved version of these carabiners in the coming weeks. Since your backpack has shipped already, a repair kit will be shipped separately on a later date. These repair kits are still in the design-phase at this time, but we will announce further details as soon as we are able.

In the event that your backpack's carabiners break before we have begun to implement repair kits, and you require an immediate solution, please contact us again so that we can explore further options.

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, got2best said:

Updates? 

Updated carabiners are still in the design phase as of now. We want to make sure we get these 100% right which is why there hasn't been much in the way of new info since the initial announcement.

You'll definitely be hearing from us as soon as we have more to share. In the meantime, if your backpack's carabiners are broken and you require some type of interim solution, message support (support@lttstore.com) and we can discuss options. 🙂

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm sure not much has changed just curious if there are any updates one way or the other.

Edit- just saw the above article link. Though still curious if the timeline is set or no.

12 hours ago, Proczor said:

I'm sure not much has changed just curious if there are any updates one way or the other.

Edit- just saw the above article link. Though still curious if the timeline is set or no.

Well nice timing. There is an update: First 50k are going in to production 

Are just a set of regular zipper pulls instead of these obnoxious big carabiners going to be an option? While they look cool I’d rather just have plain ones like on all the other pockets to be honest. 

On 12/11/2023 at 6:09 AM, okänd said:

Are just a set of regular zipper pulls instead of these obnoxious big carabiners going to be an option? While they look cool I’d rather just have plain ones like on all the other pockets to be honest. 

I don't think you've got any other option if you buy it now. All the new product photos have standard YKK zippers. You might not even get the replacement zipper if you buy your bag today. We don't have an official statement.

All customers will get the replacement kit. No matter when you bought it.

The replacement pack will have the titanium and standard zippers included. Linus mentioned this on WAN show a while back.

image.png.e8e5c0ec787d8b4e0b709643e98ddab2.png

• 4 months later...

Just curious on any further info or updates if there are any lol

On 4/21/2024 at 2:51 AM, Proczor said:

Just curious on any further info or updates if there are any lol

They've been sending out replacement kits to the first batch of customers, prioritising those who have reported issues, hopefully shouldn't be too long now. They're gonna be send to all backpack buyers, so whether you have the initial carabiners or the regular ykk pulls from later waves, everyone will get the kit so you can choose which option to use. Important thing to note is to do it *ONCE* as the material can fatigue and was not designed to have the pulls changed more than once.

At this point, I just consider it vaporware!

I have one of the first backpacks and was vry qucik to sent the Google form about the zippers back in Dez. 2023.

In March, I contacted LTT support and they still cannot tell, when it will be sent to me.

Conclusion: It is vaporware until I have it in my hands.

Regards