Is the Creality CR-10 3D printer anygood?

coolpotatoe724
Go to solution Solved by SignatureSigner,

Creality seems to be a very reputable company from what I've seen (My cousin has one and loves it) 

Funny enough I will be heading to micro-center to pick up an Creality Ender 3 pro this weekend.

The creality printers seem to have a pretty good support community and they have replacement/upgrades all over the market so for a beginner 3d printer or even an upgrade  I would say get one.

Though I can't vouch for that exact model as I don't know anyone who has one.

I've never heard of Creality before and it's the only brand microcenter carries, and I want to know if it's just cheap shit before I buy it

Creality seems to be a very reputable company from what I've seen (My cousin has one and loves it) 

Funny enough I will be heading to micro-center to pick up an Creality Ender 3 pro this weekend.

The creality printers seem to have a pretty good support community and they have replacement/upgrades all over the market so for a beginner 3d printer or even an upgrade  I would say get one.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

8 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Ender 3 Pro is the best choice if you want to mod the printer

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I have the ender 3 pro and no problems, didn't even knew that it was from Creality xD

It's actually very popular. Bought it cheap from aliexpress and then print some printer parts with it.

3700x PBO stock | b550-f | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200MHz | RTX 4080 Asus TUF OC | SN 850X 2TB - SN 850 1T | Cooler Master XG 850w Platinum PSU

Jumping on the "I like my Ender 3 Pro" bandwagon.

Build it on a perfectly flat surface (I used my glass stovetop) and install the metal extruder feed assembly right off the bat, instead of messing with the plastic one.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

20 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Thank you! 

13 minutes ago, coolpotatoe724 said:

Thank you! 

I would take a look at the new Ender-5 S1 that just came out. It's different from the usual bed slingers and uses a CoreXY design which allow for higher speeds. Unless you need the large build volume of the CR-10. I would recommend getting something with automatic bed leveling. But if you want to go cheap, Ender 3 Pro is a fine choice as you can upgrade it and learn alot doing so. I got an Ender 3-S1 thats been really great. Not as community supported as the Ender 3 Pro, but If you can find one for a good price I can also recommend that. If you get Either Ender 3-s1 or V2 I would recommend upgrading the firmware to the custom "pro" firmware which has a lot of really nice features. https://github.com/mriscoc/Ender3V2S1/releases/tag/20221002

I have upgraded my Ender 3 s1 with klipper using a raspberry pi 3B+, allowing for network control and octoprint using a webcam. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I have the S1 pro:

Creality is probably one of the largest printer manufacturers in terms of volume. They're very open source and especially for the Ender 3 pro and V2 there are a ton of mods yoou can get for them. The e#Pro when it goes on sale for $90 at micro centers are arguably some of the best values oyu can get. 

Their CR models are more "professional" printers and typically just have larger build volumes compared to the Ender series. For the price jumps  though, most people look elsewhere to something like Prusa, or look at alternative manufactures with similar features at a lower price like Anycubic, Artillery or Geeetech. 

@DoctorNickI really want to get into the E5 S1 because I love the Sprite extruder, but I'm waiting for a plus version hopefully get a 400mm+ build volume. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25