help me fix my gpu temp and fan noise (RX 580 8 GB AUROS)

Pakwarrior
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
15 hours ago, Pakwarrior said:

nope guide me

You can undervolt through AMD Radeon Software. In the software, go to Performance > Tuning > Tuning Control > Set from Automatic to Manual. GPU Tuning > Set to Enabled. Advanced Control > Set to Enabled.

You can lower the State7 (Max) voltage to a lower value like 1100mV and click Apply Changes. You can test stability with a stress test like FurMark and / or some games.

If there are no issues, you can try incrementally lower the voltage to values such as 1090mV or 1080mV and test again. If there's any sign of instability, you can raise that value back up to something more stable. Once you settle on the lowest stable voltage, you can lower the other state voltages so they aren't as high as State7 (Max). 

yo guys own a gigabyte rx 580 8gb aorus

till the day I bought it used 

till now if I cant et the fans at 85% temp will touch to 80 degrees in apex and bf5 basically shader core intensive games 

used arctic mx4 

replace thermal pads 

cleaned it

but nope in furmark it will hit to 80 degrees even if I set the fans to 85 or to 90% 

on 140 watt default power limit if I turn it similar to sapphire nitro series power limit then it will hit to 83 degrees in 3 mins even on 90% fans 

have front and exhuast 180mm performance fans installed in pc

please help me what option now I have cuz I am frustrated by 80% fan speed noise  

grand_img.png

Have you tried undervolting to lower temps?

What case are you using and how is the case airflow set up? What rpm are the case fans running at under load?

Moved to Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:16 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried undervolting to lower temps?

What case are you using and how is the case airflow set up? What rpm are the case fans running at under load?

Moved to Cooling.

case is normal coolermaster elite 350 with single front 120mm fan on 1500rpm and 120mm delta fan for exhaust single on 2500 rpm 

air flow is simple workstation case like front fan faces gpu front 

I tried to lower the clock speed like 70 to 120 mhz and it makes gpu 2 to 4 degrees cooler with cost of 2 to 4 frames 

btw i set front fan on max 2000rpm and set back to same 2500rpm 

4 hours ago, Pakwarrior said:

case is normal coolermaster elite 350 with single front 120mm fan on 1500rpm and 120mm delta fan for exhaust single on 2500 rpm 

air flow is simple workstation case like front fan faces gpu front 

I tried to lower the clock speed like 70 to 120 mhz and it makes gpu 2 to 4 degrees cooler with cost of 2 to 4 frames 

That should be plenty of airflow. 

Underclocking isn't the same as undervolting. Have you tried lowering voltage instead of clock speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 11/13/2022 at 11:28 PM, WoodenMarker said:

That should be plenty of airflow. 

Underclocking isn't the same as undervolting. Have you tried lowering voltage instead of clock speeds?

nope guide me

furmark is hard on gpus so 80c with 80% fan speed is normal

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

15 hours ago, Pakwarrior said:

nope guide me

You can undervolt through AMD Radeon Software. In the software, go to Performance > Tuning > Tuning Control > Set from Automatic to Manual. GPU Tuning > Set to Enabled. Advanced Control > Set to Enabled.

You can lower the State7 (Max) voltage to a lower value like 1100mV and click Apply Changes. You can test stability with a stress test like FurMark and / or some games.

If there are no issues, you can try incrementally lower the voltage to values such as 1090mV or 1080mV and test again. If there's any sign of instability, you can raise that value back up to something more stable. Once you settle on the lowest stable voltage, you can lower the other state voltages so they aren't as high as State7 (Max). 

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

will this cause decrease in performance in any senario ?

8 hours ago, Pakwarrior said:

will this cause decrease in performance in any senario ?

As long as it's stable, no. Performance can potentially be better due to extra thermal headroom.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

As long as it's stable, no. Performance can potentially be better due to extra thermal headroom.

ok i decreased 50mv lets see for now no shutdowns or stuttrings thnx