Opinions on ViaCAD 2D/3D v9 on Steam?

Simple Jack

Hey all.

I am considering getting Punch! ViaCAD 2D/3D v9 on Steam. It can be found here. I want to get it to 3D model and 3D print for fun. It seems like it is aging software, released in 2016. It seems enticing to me because I can keep it in my Steam library, I do not have to pay a monthly subscription fee, and it comes with a guide ebook. Can anyone share their experience with this software? What other 3D modeling software is out there that could be a considered? Please and thank you.

Never used it, I'm personally partial to Autodesk Inventor, but that became unobtanium for hobbyists ever since the new CEO did a 180° on the maker community. If you work in academia you can still get the academic licensing though. But I think the big question is what you want to use it for, if it's for personal use I think Solid Edge Community Edition ain't a bad choice either: https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/solutions/users/hobbyists-and-makers/  It's a bit of a hassle to register for the video training lectures, but this is professional CAD software that you can put on your resume that's currently available for free.