Virtualizing a Windows Drive on Fedora

I have recently upgraded my SSD and in the process made the switch to Fedora Linux. There are still a few applications (Fusion 360 notably) that I need windows to run. Is there a way I can virtualize my old SSD that has Windows Installed to run these applications?

bigger question is if fusion 360 will run well in a VM.

past that.. either SR-IOV the drive, or clone it to some VM disk format.

How would I do that or where would be a good place to look for a guide?

On 11/7/2022 at 8:40 AM, manikyath said:

bigger question is if fusion 360 will run well in a VM.

I second that

On 11/7/2022 at 10:53 AM, Jack Babinski said:

How would I do that or where would be a good place to look for a guide?

Youtube muh dude. But as for virutalization; I use VMware quite religiously for my virtualization needs ; found that fedora guide on google

_\---|--------------------------|----------------------------|---/_

_\---|------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------Arch Linux------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------|---/_

_\|Host Specs|/_
|MB: ASUS PRIME-X570 Pro | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 128GB 3600MHz C18 COOLING: Corsair H150i PRO 
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix Nvidia GeForce RTX3080 12GB OC Edition | PSU: Corsair RM850 850W Gold | CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P600 |
PERIPHERALS | KB: Razer Ornata Chroma MOUSE: Redragon M908 | SOUND: Logitech Z-5300e|
|
CONTROLLER: SONY PS5 DualSense |
/--| <>< |--\
|'You can't have no idea how little I care" - Monte Walsh|
(_\|"It just works"|/_)

_\-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------0----------------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------/_

_\---|------------|------------|---/_
\----/
\/

I was able to install it using the snap store, for possible future reference https://snapcraft.io/install/fusion360/ubuntu You will have to include —devmode when you run the install command. It installs and runs it under Wine and so far I have had decent results. I will still mess with the VM things at some point but now it is much less urgent.