Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo PS fit

Imax

Hello,

I have had some trouble fitting the Corsair AX 1600i in the O11 Evo. I know Linus mentioned it in the live O11 evo build that longer PS units may have a hard time.

Using the standard atx non-sleeved cable i am really having trouble jamming it in.

Do you have any recommandations? Has anyone ever fitted this? 

My last hope is the premium sleeved cables (either corsair or cablemod)

20221107_110356.jpg

The length of your PSU is the issue even if lian li "supports" up to 220mm of PSU length.

I am affraid that custom cables wont to you any good as they tend to be stiff as anything.

But if you want to go that route, id suggest going cablemod modflex (don't get mod mesh! they are waaay stiffer).

What are you running anyway that you need a 1600w PSU lol.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

3 minutes ago, Alinz said:

The length of your PSU is the issue even if lian li "supports" up to 220mm of PSU length.

I am affraid that custom cables wont to you any good as they tend to be stiff as anything.

But if you want to go that route, id suggest going cablemod modflex (don't get mod mesh! they are waaay stiffer).

What are you running anyway that you need a 1600w PSU lol.

I lucked out. Bought an HX1000i, that died 4 days in, and the shop didnt had a replacement and replaced it with an AX1600i for free... couldnt refuse, if nothing, it would be more efficient. I also have a 4090 so not sure if i should just replace it or try custom cables.

Going to look into cablemod modflex. Any other ideas welcomed.

Thank you.

The Corsair premium individual sleeved cables seem to work just fine. Not just because of less stiffness, but because of wire management... they bend better overall.

Using these you might even use a 220 PS unit, hard fit, but might work. Recomend modflex for better fit though...

(Here I am using calblemod modflex atx12v + cablemod 12VHPWR for 4090 source + corsair premium individually sleeved cables for everything else)

Thank you for the recommandation!

20221110_024535505_iOS.jpg