"New" to (modern) RGB: a few questions

AlexQC

So I'm building a new system and I'm doing RGB. Here are the RGB components:

1. Lian Li Galahad 360 (plugs into the motherboard 5v RGB header)
  2. Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 modules
  3. Some fans TBD (but looking at Corsair Series ll140 RGB)
  4. Integrated lighting on enclosure: Cooler Master Cosmos C700M (did not check how they hook up)
  5. Motherboard lights: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero

So, what's the best route to get all that lighting together (in sync) with only one software? Should I get a Corsair hub since they seem to have proprietary connectors? I already have a Cooler Master hub included with the case. Do I have to keep the software running or once the pattern is selected I can close it until I need to change it?

10 minutes ago, AlexQC said:

4. Integrated lighting on enclosure: Cooler Master Cosmos C700M (did not check how they hook up)

So, what's the best route to get all that lighting together (in sync) with only one software? Should I get a Corsair hub since they seem to have proprietary connectors? I already have a Cooler Master hub included with the case. Do I have to keep the software running or once the pattern is selected I can close it until I need to change it?

Most likely you will have to use a third party software. Example : SignalRGB
Unless they all stated that they work with Asus AuraSync.

If the corsair fans came with Corsair's proprietary connector, then you will have to use Corsair's hub. Unless you want to DIY it.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:57 PM, AlexQC said:

Motherboard software is able to control RAM + ARGB + RGB headers. Asus' RGB SW is the best of any MB.

Corsair fans specifically don't use the standard header, and require their own HW and SW. i would avoid them unless you intend to use a lot of parts from them specifically.

Corsair RAM can be controlled by Corsair SW, or MB sw, or 3rd Party SW like Signal RGB

Signal works to serve as a replacement for the MB SW but has some limitations of its own.

TLDR: the Asus SW should be able to control 1, 2, and 5 on your list. Confirm 4 and pick any non corsair fans for point #3

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

5 hours ago, NaClKnight said:

Corsair fans specifically don't use the standard header, and require their own HW and SW. i would avoid them unless you intend to use a lot of parts from them specifically.

Which RGB fan would you suggest? I'm used to Noctua fans and like how they are silent. But for this build I'm going for the visuals (RGB) and read that Corsair were the "best"...

1 hour ago, AlexQC said:

Which RGB fan would you suggest? I'm used to Noctua fans and like how they are silent. But for this build I'm going for the visuals (RGB) and read that Corsair were the "best"...

you can buy argb grills thow cost a bit more

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

54 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

you can buy argb grills thow cost a bit more

Oh yeah?? Where I can find that... A quick search didn't yield any meaningful results.

5 minutes ago, AlexQC said:

Oh yeah?? Where I can find that... A quick search didn't yield any meaningful results.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=phanteks+halo&ref=nb_sb_noss

the halos use jst-sm connectors and not stander connectors so you might need adapters depending on your controller

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08Q3J2NNK/?coliid=I374J5T3MXJIK1&colid=1FAOHYDQQPCKN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

17 hours ago, AlexQC said:

I'm a big fan of Cooler Master Sickleflows. They have big, bright LEDs, work as Case fans or Radiator fans, are frequently on sale, and are relatively quiet.

The sickleflow ARGB is my go to fan for a mix of low cost, good (enough) performance, great looks

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3