After changing speakers I got audio crackling / pops on motherboard output, both RCA and optical, now it's on all speakers.

Go to solution Solved by Delano.888,

Update for those interested / finding this thread later and looking for answers for themselves:

First of all, I got around my issue by no longer using hibernate. I use hibernate all the time, and every boot after a hibernate, the crackle would be there. But after full (not fastboot version) shutdown, it wouldn't be there. So I just stopped hibernating for a while, and that "solved" my issue, while still being annoying.

Then, I manually updated my video card driver recently. I don't usually do that very often, if it works it works right, but I did update.

I noticed, while installing the video card update, it gave me an option to also update my hd audio driver, and it said that it had no version of that installed right now.

So I checked the HD audio driver as well, updated, reboot, etc.

Guess what, problem solved! Audio crackle gone! I can hibernate again! Very happy!

I'm SO CONFUSED.

So I had a soundbar at first at my desk. The sound was pretty good. I've only used it with an optical cable and I never had any issues. But, it was too big, and I wanted better stereo separation.

So at first I bought an Edifier R1855DB set. Which, is sorta great, the speakers sound fantastic, but, since I got them, I had many, many audio crackles, all the time, both on optical and on RCA.

I didn't really hear it much on music, but heard it a lot on talking (LTT) videos.

To be sure, I tried everything on windows, re installing the Realtek Audio Driver, updating it, and after that didn't help, using windows recovery to go back to stock (because I like having loudness equalization and the newest Realtek driver doesn't support that).

I also tried setting it to 44khz, 48khz, studio/cd/dvd quality.

And of course I also tried disabling all windows enhancements, doesn't help either.

And I ran latencymon, and it told me everything is perfect.

So, I contacted edifier and they asked me for examples which I've sent (pasted below as well), and they're still looking into it. But I was so annoyed by the pops and crackles, I returned those speakers.

I then bought a creative T100 set, I was pretty sure the Edifier set was the problem, because I've never had problems with the soundbar (which I have given away by now btw).

Guess what. On the T100, the problem is exactly the same.

I'm starting to think the new better speakers (both brands) are so good, they make me hear things windows causes, and the "bad" soundbar didn't let me hear those, or something like that?

Is there anything I can do?

PS on bluetooth I hear the problem a lot less, it's still there a bit, but not too much. The bluetooth delay on video however is not something I can live with.

Edit: the problem maybe isn't there at all on bluetooth, I'm not too sure. It might be there a tiny bit, but at least it's a lot less.

I really hope someone here can help me. I really don't want to buy the same crappy soundbar that I gave away, new, again.

Examples:

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

• 1 month later...

Update for those interested / finding this thread later and looking for answers for themselves:

First of all, I got around my issue by no longer using hibernate. I use hibernate all the time, and every boot after a hibernate, the crackle would be there. But after full (not fastboot version) shutdown, it wouldn't be there. So I just stopped hibernating for a while, and that "solved" my issue, while still being annoying.

Then, I manually updated my video card driver recently. I don't usually do that very often, if it works it works right, but I did update.

I noticed, while installing the video card update, it gave me an option to also update my hd audio driver, and it said that it had no version of that installed right now.

So I checked the HD audio driver as well, updated, reboot, etc.

Guess what, problem solved! Audio crackle gone! I can hibernate again! Very happy!

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb