My HDD only show ups on the bios but not in windows

mileinmortal

I recently changed my motherboard since my CPU broke up, (the motherboard i bought is an ASUS Prime B450M-A II) , the problem is that my hard drive doesnt show up, there's any problems with the main one ( WD Green™ SATA SSD M.2 2280 ), i've been trying to look for a solution but the thing is that it doesnt even show up in the Disk Management, i formatted the HDD, i formatted the whole computer, reinstalled windows, the problem is not the hard drive, or the cable, since i've tried it in Ubuntu and there's no problem with the HDD, it shows up normally on Ubuntu, i've tried 2 different hard drives (even from a different brand, a Seagate Barracuda 1TB), one of the hard drives had windows and i logged there and there was no problems with the hard drives so idk what to do now

I had very same case you, twice in fact, The first one was fixed by using different SATA cable. The second I reseat the entire cabling,

From Microsoft:

While I am going to a advise you have a backup and one you trust before you do this, check the following; In regedit. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > Explorer. On the right, if there is a DWORD "NoDrives" with a value of '4', delete the key "NoDrives" then reboot. flag Report.

10 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

From Microsoft:

While I am going to a advise you have a backup and one you trust before you do this, check the following; In regedit. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > Explorer. On the right, if there is a DWORD "NoDrives" with a value of '4', delete the key "NoDrives" then reboot. flag Report.

image.png.f78a7ca5e7a6a097d355b42ee076cdba.pngit only shows up this