EVGA to shut down their GPU production?

A recent PCMag news has revealed that EVGA is planning to exit from the GPU market. They hold Nvidia responsible for this decision as it found Nvidia's gesture disrespectful to its stakeholders. They reportedly claimed that Nvidia refuses to reveal the basic pre-launch information essential for making the GPU. This even include the cost of GPU production as well.

However, EVGA said that they'd produce the previous gen GPUs and would be providing after sales service to their existing customer but won't be producing any new gen cards like 4090.

Summary

EVGA won't be producing any new gen cards but will provide after sales service to their existing customers. They'll as well produce the previous gen cards and continue their remaining product lineups except the GPU.

Quotes

Nvidia reportedly refused to reveal basic pre-launch information about its PC graphics card to partners like EVGA, making it diffcult for them to prepare.

My thoughts

EVGA, in my opinion, is one of the finest GPU producers out there. It's really sad for us, the consumers that we're not going to get their premium GPUs in the future. But I really wish both the companies (EVGA & Nvidia) sorted this out as it would be heavy on EVGA as well. This is because EVGA themselves revealed that their GPU lineup was generating almost 78% of their total revenue.

Sources

https://www.pcmag.com/news/evga-to-exit-graphics-card-market-over-reported-disrespect-from-nvidia

David A. McLaughlin

Founder & Author

Oversumo - Everything PC