L3 cache/CPU hardware errors?

Just yesterday I upgraded my main machines Linux installation to Kernel 6.0.0-2-amd64 for Devuan Linux (Daedalus/Ceres).

Today, after having my computer running for about thirty minutes while not doing much other than watching YouTube, I got a long series of messages in my notifications explaining some errors that happened in the terminal. I keep three terminal windows open, one for OpenRGB, another for Radeon Profile and an extra one for any work I need to do later on in the day.

These are the errors that I got. The way they're explained on an old forum post from nine years ago is that it's either a failing CPU which doesn't seem likely, as I've just bought this 5950X three months ago and it's been working perfectly .It could have also been a small solar flare causing massive amounts of bit flips in memory or somewhere else in the system, as I don't have ECC or anything similar (not to my knowledge). The most likely culprit to me is just the new Kernel, as like I said I just upgraded it yesterday and today is my first time running it.

I just want to know if this is something I should be worried about, it would be a massive inconvenience if I had to replace hardware after only three months.

pic1.png

pic2.png

pic3.png

14 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Do you have mcelog running?  https://www.mcelog.org/

When you go back to the previous kernel, do you get similar errors?  Do they come back when switching to the new kernel?

I was running previous kernels for over three months with no errors, all the way back to 5.18. It's only done it today once, I've so far gone about an hour without anymore errors of this sort. I'll try waiting about a week to see if any more show up as that's what old forums were recommending, that if these errors were a weekly thing to start troubleshooting.

Thank you for giving me a utility to try for this though, it's much appreciated.