Enthoo Pro 2 has anyone tried fiting a 420 or 480 on the top? Seems like 3x 140 fans fit

Hi all,

I got the Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 the other day. I was wondering if any of you owners of the case has tried to fit a 420 or 480 mm on the top of the case.

Yes, I KNOW that according to Phanteks, it officialy only supports up to a 360 mm radiator on the top. But has anyone tried a 420 at least? It can fit 3x 140 mm fans there.... and also the max lenght of the mounts is like 450 mm so why would a 420 not fit? is it because of clearance issues? or because it is too wide to fit?

Just curious, as I'm planning on getting a 420 mm rad to do a custom loop and I prefer to mount the rad on top. I know it's safe to mount on the front but it gets so much less airflow.... I actually prefer to have airflow from the front into all the case, since I would be puting there 8 drives on the side, and also the bottom fan mounts just suck, and not enough airflow to do a bottom intake + top & rear exhaust since there would be more exhaust airflow.

Thank you all.

I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro 1, and i can say if you can screw at least most of the screws on the 420 rad it should work, although i dont think the 480 will fit length wise. Also note to plug your CPU Power plugs on the top of the board before putting it into the case, otherwise it will be a nightmare trying to get it in. 

I would say you may be better off with Dual 360 rads, one front one top but you do what you want 🙂

2 hours ago, Shimejii said:

I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro 1, and i can say if you can screw at least most of the screws on the 420 rad it should work, although i dont think the 480 will fit length wise. Also note to plug your CPU Power plugs on the top of the board before putting it into the case, otherwise it will be a nightmare trying to get it in. 

I would say you may be better off with Dual 360 rads, one front one top but you do what you want 🙂

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking.

Putting most of the screws for a 420 rad. I'm 99% sure it will fit no problem. My current Corsair 760T though it only officially supports a 360 mm rad on top, I've seen a lot of people use a 420. Really tight though, so the Enthoo Pro 2 should fit one no problem on top.

As for the 8 pin cpu plugs yep, I always plug them & run them before installing any kind of fans, aio or rads in all my builds.

2x 360 mm rads is a good option but I think it's a bit over budget + it would restrict a ton of airflow.

It is my 3rd option though. 1st was running a 420 on top and 4x 120 mm fans on the front for good airflow.

2nd was using a  480 rad on the front & 3x 140 mm exhaust on the top as well as 2 or 3 120mm on the bottom as intake.

Thank you for the repply, seems like it could fit.