Old RGB/LED 4 PIN cables to work with new?

sashabcro

So I have this old from 2004 Alienware cases which I'm currently modifying to use it as my main "beast" 😄 but there are about 8 old type 4 PIN LED connectors which I would love to use and keep since I can't find anywhere 1 LED light only stripes for buying. Is there any "cheap" converter so I could use those 8 cables with one of the controllers and control my RGB on those LED "modern way", or what could be solution here? Thanks all.

20221020_211948.jpg

20221020_212014.jpg

20221020_212034.jpg

20221021_142359 - Copy.jpg

not only are rgb systems proprietary and not compatible now..... but in 2004 they were basically non existent.

Without actually looking at the leds/boards themselves you dont really know what each of those wires do or what the voltage actually is.

if it was 2004 theres a high chance those are 3-5v leds not 12. And there's a high chance those are literally red , blue , and green leds.... as in all separated..... and not dimable.

Oh I was afraid of that. Is there any way for me to buy single LED for PC? Not whole strip, I just want one signle that could replace these. Thanks

53 minutes ago, emosun said:

not only are rgb systems proprietary and not compatible now..... but in 2004 they were basically non existent.

Without actually looking at the leds/boards themselves you dont really know what each of those wires do or what the voltage actually is.

if it was 2004 theres a high chance those are 3-5v leds not 12. And there's a high chance those are literally red , blue , and green leds.... as in all separated..... and not dimable.

I found this video, would this answer your question? I don't understand that much 

Ignore, video probably answered everything I need 😄 thanks anyway

1 hour ago, sashabcro said:

I found this video, would this answer your question?

i didn't ask any questions