Playing a Dolby Vision video via USB on Sony A95K

PhilGoodInc

We recently got a Sony A95K 65" TV, (its been amazing so far). Im just trying to compare Dolby Vision to HDR10 using the same clip just to see if I can tell the difference.

Ive gotten Dolby Vision to work with the most recent Apple TV 4K and through the Amazon Prime Video app, there's no problem there, but Im trying to playback a Dolby Vision sample video that ive downloaded via a USB flash drive, and the colours are all wrong. Do I need a special app? (ive downloaded VLC and its the same) or do I need to the playback on some other device via HDMI?

16 minutes ago, PhilGoodInc said:

We recently got a Sony A95K 65" TV, (its been amazing so far). Im just trying to compare Dolby Vision to HDR10 using the same clip just to see if I can tell the difference.

Ive gotten Dolby Vision to work with the most recent Apple TV 4K and through the Amazon Prime Video app, there's no problem there, but Im trying to playback a Dolby Vision sample video that ive downloaded via a USB flash drive, and the colours are all wrong. Do I need a special app? (ive downloaded VLC and its the same) or do I need to the playback on some other device via HDMI?

Is it MKV or MP4, your sample clip? Dolby Vision MKV files not work on my LG CX but MP4 does. Maybe try MP4 if you have not.