Create a System Backup Excluding Specific FIles/Folders

Running Windows Server 2012 R2, I would like to create a System backup, though exclude certain files/folders that are already backed up to other media. The server is running a RAID 5 with 3 disks, so I will be backing up a virtual disk if that makes any difference. I'm thinking the Windows Server Backup is not able to do this, so was looking for any suggestions/recommendations.

I will be adding a 4th disk to the RAID 5 tomorrow, and so want to make sure I have a reliable backup of the System in case of failure. My database and other essential files (~280GBs) are backed up daily to a 300GB removable media drive, but I have no actual backup of the System drive. I only have one spare 300GB media drive, so backing up the entire system which includes the database would greatly exceed the capacity of this backup media. Fortunately, the database and its files are already backed up to the other 300GB media drive, so I just need to backup the remaining System drive, excluding the database.

Im a fan of veeam for backups, so Id use their free workstation backup here.

I think windows backup will let you select files, but its been a while since Ive used it.

Windows backup will let you do this if you check the advanced setting.

Strongly suggest getting away from raid 5 if those are spinning disks.