HDMI surge protection

So recently I have been having major problems with my TV setup. After power outages the hmi port on my TV that's connected to my Xfinity cable box goes out along with the port on the cable box. I believe this problem is caused by the Xfinity cable box since I have all of my TV setup connected to an apc UPS and the only consistent thing going out is what's connected to the TV cable box. I'm now having to get a new TV since all my HDMI ports no longer work after this happening 3 times I'm upgrading from an old 1080p Panasonic plasma tv to an LG C1 48" and I don't know what to do about preventing the HDMI ports going out or even if it'll happen with the new TV from what I found the only HDMI surge protectors only support HDMI 1.4 and I don't want to lose our on quality because of that. What should I do for a solution? 

Sorry for the poor writing and if this is hard to understand I'll clarify anything If that can help.

1 hour ago, NF-A12x25 said:

That one only works at 4K 30Hz. This guy’s looking for 4K60+.

Well then it doesn't exist.  So live with 4k30 or risk it happening again....if that's what it actually was that caused it.  I don't and wouldn't trust "NewCare" or wtf other "4k60" or "hdmi 4.1 surge protectors" pop up on amazon.  Using a knockoff, unknown-name chinese brand to save you from your problems is no better than making your own DIY with a coat hanger wired to ground.

Any time you have 3rd party, contractor-grade hardware thrown into the mix, your results will be a crapshoot.  Like how Audi did everything they could to make the AllTrac engine bulletproof--but a $10 tensioner costs you $10,000 in engine repair.

6 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

What if you connect your Xfinity box to the ups as well, and then it also has clean power....

Everything in my entertainment center including the Xfinity box is plugged into the ups

7 hours ago, IPD said:

Like how Audi did everything they could to make the AllTrac engine bulletproof--but a $10 tensioner costs you $10,000 in engine repair.

Fuel filter on gen 3 RX7. 

@AngySam if you want your electronics protected, 4k 30hz. If you want to continue frying stuff because something is not grounded: go right ahead and go 

HDMI 2.(Whatever it is now)

18 hours ago, AngySam said:

So recently I have been having major problems with my TV setup. After power outages the hmi port on my TV that's connected to my Xfinity cable box goes out along with the port on the cable box. I believe this problem is caused by the Xfinity cable box since I have all of my TV setup connected to an apc UPS and the only consistent thing going out is what's connected to the TV cable box. I'm now having to get a new TV since all my HDMI ports no longer work after this happening 3 times I'm upgrading from an old 1080p Panasonic plasma tv to an LG C1 48" and I don't know what to do about preventing the HDMI ports going out or even if it'll happen with the new TV from what I found the only HDMI surge protectors only support HDMI 1.4 and I don't want to lose our on quality because of that. What should I do for a solution? 

Sorry for the poor writing and if this is hard to understand I'll clarify anything If that can help.

if all your equipment is on a ups and only the hdmi is dieing you NEED to complain to xfinity and tell them to get their ass out there and fix the grounding issue on the lines. and give you another box because its faulty, that box should die before killing another component.

3 hours ago, circeseye said:

if all your equipment is on a ups and only the hdmi is dieing you NEED to complain to xfinity and tell them to get their ass out there and fix the grounding issue on the lines. and give you another box because its faulty, that box should die before killing another component.

I already have replaced the box twice have yet to replace it again since theirs no point until I have a TV to use it with.