Upgrading from a PG279Q? What are my options?

farmfowls
So I have an Asus ROG PG279Q and recently discovered that there was a small hair or piece of material inside the screen. Pushed it around and it did move a couple of times but is now not moving. After some more trying more little pieces have scattered so I've stopped trying to mess around with it. Tried tapping hard, blowing compressed air etc. It also has a less noticeable issue at the bottom of the screen with grey lines but that happened a while ago and I learned to forget about it. The problem now though? I just can't ignore it.

So I'm looking for a comparable monitor to replace it with. I don't want to spend $2000 or even $1000 to be honest. Not sure how monitor prices are nowadays but when I bought this one it was expensive and I'm hoping comparable ones aren't an arm and a leg still. Not entirely sure if prices have become better. Anyway though, I am looking for 1440p, Gsync, 165Hz and 27inches. Hopefully with the same or better colors, performance and general quality. I don't want to lose anything unless I'm gaining something worth it and am fine getting a "same" type monitor if I have to. Do any monitors like this exist that would be the same or better than the PG279Q? Looking for recommendations.

Build: 3080 Ti, i7-8086k, 32GB RAM.
TLDR: Hair/Plastic pieces found in PG279Q and can't move them any further. Looking for a comparable monitor or better within a recent price range. 1400p, Gsync, 165Hz and 27inches.

I have this exact monitor and love it, that sucks you've had this issue, I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon. I have occasionally checked around for comparable monitors to it and more recently was looking at them for getting a second display due to this one going from a $700 monitor to now being $1000 minimum for a brand new model. There were a couple I found that had similar or better specs for a decent price. Here are a couple I thought about getting, you can also just input your requirements in like PCPartPicker and get a solid list to choose from. The pricing for monitors with those specs have come down a significant margin as well. 

ASUS TUF VG27AQ (essentially just a new version of the PG279Q) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WQ4FXY9?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

ASUS Strix XG27AQ (upgraded version with HDR) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LCNNGZN?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

Viewsonic Elite (more of like a "budget" model) - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/viewsonic-elite-27-lcd-g-sync-monitor-with-hdr-displayport-usb-hdmi-black/6508989.p?acampID=0&cmp=RMX&irclickid=3BPzaJUCVzapTizXRYxNhWE1UkDQGgRRz0WI0k0&irgwc=1&loc=PCPartPicker&mpid=79301&ref=198&refdomain=pcpartpicker.com&skuId=6508989

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

37 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I have this exact monitor and love it, that sucks you've had this issue, I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon. I have occasionally checked around for comparable monitors to it and more recently was looking at them for getting a second display due to this one going from a $700 monitor to now being $1000 minimum for a brand new model. There were a couple I found that had similar or better specs for a decent price. Here are a couple I thought about getting, you can also just input your requirements in like PCPartPicker and get a solid list to choose from. The pricing for monitors with those specs have come down a significant margin as well. 

ASUS TUF VG27AQ (essentially just a new version of the PG279Q) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WQ4FXY9?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

ASUS Strix XG27AQ (upgraded version with HDR) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LCNNGZN?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

Viewsonic Elite (more of like a "budget" model) - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/viewsonic-elite-27-lcd-g-sync-monitor-with-hdr-displayport-usb-hdmi-black/6508989.p?acampID=0&cmp=RMX&irclickid=3BPzaJUCVzapTizXRYxNhWE1UkDQGgRRz0WI0k0&irgwc=1&loc=PCPartPicker&mpid=79301&ref=198&refdomain=pcpartpicker.com&skuId=6508989

Thanks for your response! Does it matter if it's Gsync or Gync Compatible? I know there are differences, but does it make a noticeable difference? 

2 hours ago, farmfowls said:
So I have an Asus ROG PG279Q and recently discovered that there was a small hair or piece of material inside the screen. Pushed it around and it did move a couple of times but is now not moving. After some more trying more little pieces have scattered so I've stopped trying to mess around with it. Tried tapping hard, blowing compressed air etc. It also has a less noticeable issue at the bottom of the screen with grey lines but that happened a while ago and I learned to forget about it. The problem now though? I just can't ignore it.

So I'm looking for a comparable monitor to replace it with. I don't want to spend $2000 or even $1000 to be honest. Not sure how monitor prices are nowadays but when I bought this one it was expensive and I'm hoping comparable ones aren't an arm and a leg still. Not entirely sure if prices have become better. Anyway though, I am looking for 1440p, Gsync, 165Hz and 27inches. Hopefully with the same or better colors, performance and general quality. I don't want to lose anything unless I'm gaining something worth it and am fine getting a "same" type monitor if I have to. Do any monitors like this exist that would be the same or better than the PG279Q? Looking for recommendations.

Build: 3080 Ti, i7-8086k, 32GB RAM.
TLDR: Hair/Plastic pieces found in PG279Q and can't move them any further. Looking for a comparable monitor or better within a recent price range. 1400p, Gsync, 165Hz and 27inches.

If you really like the pg279q and want to upgrade get the pg279qm

Its the newer model better ips panel

Wider color gamut and faster response time

3 hours ago, farmfowls said:

depending on how much you wanna spend, all of these would be an upgrade

m27q p for 280usd best bang for buck by far in this range

mag274qrf-QD for 390usd wider color gamut

m27q x for 460usd 240hz

pg279qm 750usd 240hz wider color gamut

there are 2 monitors coming out that i consider to be quite a leap in q4, cooler master FQS 1440p 144hz miniled hdr for 800usd, and the 4k version FUS for 1200usd (ignore if you don't care about hdr)

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

2 hours ago, rotexen said:

If you really like the pg279q and want to upgrade get the pg279qm

Its the newer model better ips panel

Wider color gamut and faster response time

Would the PG279QM be the best monitor in that price point? No curved or widescreen ones would be at that price point correct? Just covering my bases. 

14 hours ago, farmfowls said:

Would the PG279QM be the best monitor in that price point? No curved or widescreen ones would be at that price point correct? Just covering my bases. 

I mean its the newer model for the pg279q

And the best 1440p 27"

Or if you want something cheaper 

The msi mag274qrf-qd is a good option but you need to calibrate 

13 hours ago, rotexen said:

I mean its the newer model for the pg279q

And the best 1440p 27"

Or if you want something cheaper 

The msi mag274qrf-qd is a good option but you need to calibrate 

The price range is fine for me on the PG279QM. Was just wondering if at the same price point or there around, if there were any monitors that would compete with it - with additional features such as Ultrawide or having backlight strobing, without losing anything.

21 hours ago, xg32 said:

depending on how much you wanna spend, all of these would be an upgrade

m27q p for 280usd best bang for buck by far in this range

mag274qrf-QD for 390usd wider color gamut

m27q x for 460usd 240hz

pg279qm 750usd 240hz wider color gamut

there are 2 monitors coming out that i consider to be quite a leap in q4, cooler master FQS 1440p 144hz miniled hdr for 800usd, and the 4k version FUS for 1200usd (ignore if you don't care about hdr)

Thanks for your recommendations! Would the Cooler Master FQS and FUS outperform the PG279QM is many ways? Probably better HDR (haven't used it before actually so I'm not sure if it's something I have to have / also not sure how many games support it), but do they gain anything else without losing? 

14 minutes ago, farmfowls said:

The price range is fine for me on the PG279QM. Was just wondering if at the same price point or there around, if there were any monitors that would compete with it - with additional features such as Ultrawide or having backlight strobing, without losing anything.

at 1440p for this price non can compete with it

even the Sasmsung Odyssey G7 1440p 240hz 32" VA panel Curved is worse than the ASUS

but if you want to spend more and get even better monitors you have the Alienware OLED 

and the new Samsung Odyssey G7 and G8 neo but in 4k thats why i didnt mention 

but again for 1440p 27" right now in the mean time the ASUS is the best

28 minutes ago, farmfowls said:

Thanks for your recommendations! Would the Cooler Master FQS and FUS outperform the PG279QM is many ways? Probably better HDR (haven't used it before actually so I'm not sure if it's something I have to have / also not sure how many games support it), but do they gain anything else without losing? 

hdr monitors are nice to have, but not required imho, still developing tech, and they often come with a fan that's another failure point. I don't think i can go back to gaming without local dimming or oled though.

Since the cooler master monitors aren't out yet, i can only assume the specs to the older 2018 first gen models

pg279qm has 240hz full argb coverage, but is not a true hdr monitor with local dimming, and 8bit panel makes it susceptible to slight bending in certain scenes ie when ur looking at shades of red in a sunset (i'm guessing they had to lower the bit rate for 240hz to be possible with wide gamut)

the FQS/FUS will be about 144hz, comes with mini-led local dimming for better contrast, probably a fan that only turns on at certain temps, and is likely to be 10bit or 8bit+frc (functionally the same thing), on some monitors you can force hdr tonemapping on sdr content with windowed fullscreen, but it's not a huge difference vs gaming on argb mode. FALD backlight will cause little squares in blooming (like around ur mouse curser in a dark background) that some think is a dealbreaker

If you value 240hz over 144hz a decent amount i'd just get the pg279qm, it's a magnificent option that's already available. If you don't care about 240hz that much and wanna give true hdr a try, wait for the FQS/FUS.

I'm biased toward wide gamut gaming/hdr and even with that said, i'd lean slightly toward the pg279qm since it already is for sale and offers 240hz, adding local dimming isn't a groundbreaking upgrade, only oled is but smaller wide gamut oled isn't available yet. 

The AW3423DW qd-oled checks most boxes but is wide screen, has an annoying menu bug that presists even with new firmware (have to turn it off and manually refresh the pixels) and software that adjusts text shaprness. The cost of smaller oled is unlikely to go down anytime soon.

it's all down to whats most important for you,

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

57 minutes ago, xg32 said:

hdr monitors are nice to have, but not required imho, still developing tech, and they often come with a fan that's another failure point. I don't think i can go back to gaming without local dimming or oled though.

Since the cooler master monitors aren't out yet, i can only assume the specs to the older 2018 first gen models

pg279qm has 240hz full argb coverage, but is not a true hdr monitor with local dimming, and 8bit panel makes it susceptible to slight bending in certain scenes ie when ur looking at shades of red in a sunset (i'm guessing they had to lower the bit rate for 240hz to be possible with wide gamut)

the FQS/FUS will be about 144hz, comes with mini-led local dimming for better contrast, probably a fan that only turns on at certain temps, and is likely to be 10bit or 8bit+frc (functionally the same thing), on some monitors you can force hdr tonemapping on sdr content with windowed fullscreen, but it's not a huge difference vs gaming on argb mode. FALD backlight will cause little squares in blooming (like around ur mouse curser in a dark background) that some think is a dealbreaker

If you value 240hz over 144hz a decent amount i'd just get the pg279qm, it's a magnificent option that's already available. If you don't care about 240hz that much and wanna give true hdr a try, wait for the FQS/FUS.

I'm biased toward wide gamut gaming/hdr and even with that said, i'd lean slightly toward the pg279qm since it already is for sale and offers 240hz, adding local dimming isn't a groundbreaking upgrade, only oled is but smaller wide gamut oled isn't available yet. 

The AW3423DW qd-oled checks most boxes but is wide screen, has an annoying menu bug that presists even with new firmware (have to turn it off and manually refresh the pixels) and software that adjusts text shaprness. The cost of smaller oled is unlikely to go down anytime soon.

Thank you so much for your response! Just for my own knowledge as you seem very knowledgeable on the subject, do curved monitors and ultrawide monitors sacrifice anything that top 1440p monitors like the PG279QM have? Do they gain anything major? I've never owned a 3440x1440 or a curved monitor and have heard alot of things over the years. Almost got the Acer PREDATOR X35 years ago and got to try one out, but opted for the PG279Q. Was very cool though and I came close. Always stayed away from 4k as well because I like higher refresh rates and don't want to be constantly upgrading my GPU. Not sure how long a 3080 Ti could fare with a 3440x1440p, and I'd guess curved especially with gaming and office use would be better on a 3440x1440p monitor vs a 1440p but I could be wrong. Just exhausting all of my options and gaining some knowledge I guess. Currently, I'm going for the PG279QM and it just went out of stock on Amazon lol but I'm waiting until they have it back in stock for now. Better return capability. 

1 hour ago, xg32 said:

As well, is QD-Oled worth it? After watching Linus's review on the AW3423DW it is very interesting - but I guess I'd be worried about burn in as I'd be using the monitor everyday for gaming and office work. Plus my screen is usually on all day, I may turn it off at night but it stays on for wake hours.  

6 minutes ago, farmfowls said:

As well, is QD-Oled worth it? After watching Linus's review on the AW3423DW it is very interesting - but I guess I'd be worried about burn in as I'd be using the monitor everyday for gaming and office work. Plus my screen is usually on all day, I may turn it off at night but it stays on for wake hours.  

for the image quality it is worth it, but if you are gonna use it all day and for more than 3 years, no one knows and i wouldn't recommend it.

1 hour ago, farmfowls said:

On all day and if it is static all day. Please don't get any OLED panel, highly chances you get burn in. It is better set auto off the screen when away. On all day is shorten any monitor life span. 

In additional, Ultrawide is awesome and immersive but that depends on user. Some prefer standard 16:9 wide. 

I from 16:9 wide to 21:9 Ultrawide to now 32:9 Super Ultrawide. 

For HDR, you need to spend more a lot. For best experience, you need to have OLED (for OLED others spec is not important to look to it anymore as OLED cover all HDR requirements) or mini-LED VA with more spec to look into it such as 1000+ local dimming zone and HDR 1000 nits. Recent this two years release AAA title is support HDR now. But before this may not. Anyway if you are using Windows 11, they is an option call auto HDR which turn all games to HDR and it is performed very nice actually. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC 24G, X570 AORUS Elite WIFI Motherboard, HyperX FURY 32GB DDR4-3200 RGB RAM, Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 Sound Card, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 SATA 500GB, ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 SATA 2TB, Asus HyperX Fury RGB SSD 960GB, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3.5 HDD 2TB, Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R ARGB, Cooler Master MASTERFAN MF120R ARGB, Cooler Master ELV8 Graphics Card Holder ARGB, Asus ROG Strix 1000G PSU, Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH RGB Case, Windows 11 Pro (22H2).

Laptop: Asus Vivobook "A Bathing Ape" - ASUS Vivobook S 15 OLED BAPE Edition: Intel i9-13900H, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 2.8K 120hz OLED | Apple MacBook Pro 14" 2023: M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, NVMe 512 GB | Asus VivoBook 15 OLED: Intel® Core™ i3-1125G4, Intel UHD, 8 GB RAM, Micron NVMe 512 GB | Illegear Z5 SKYLAKE: Intel Core i7-6700HQ, Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M, 16 GB RAM, ADATA SU800 M.2 SATA 512GB.

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey OLED G9 49" 5120x1440 240hz QD-OLED HDR, LG OLED Flex 42LX3QPSA 41.5" 3840x2160 bendable 120hz WOLED, AOC 24G2SP 24" 1920x1080 165hz SDR, LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor 34" 34GN850 3440x1440 144hz (160hz OC) NanoIPS HDR, LG Ultrawide Gaming Monitor 34" 34UC79G 2560x1080 144hz IPS SDR, LG 24MK600 24" 1920x1080 75hz Freesync IPS SDR, BenQ EW2440ZH 24" 1920x1080 75hz VA SDR.

Input Device: Asus ROG Azoth Wireless Mechanical KeyboardAsus ROG Chakram X Origin Wireless MouseLogitech G913 Lightspeed Wireless RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Logitech G502X Wireless Mouse, Logitech G903 Lightspeed HERO Wireless Gaming Mouse, Logitech Pro X, Logitech MX Keys, Logitech MX Master 3, XBOX Wireless Controller Covert Forces Edition, Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE Wireless Gaming Mouse, Logitech MK850 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combos.

Entertainment: LG 55" C9 OLED HDR Smart UHD TV with AI ThinQ®, 65" Samsung AU7000 4K UHD Smart TV, SONOS Beam (Gen 2) Dolby Atmos Soundbar, SONOS Sub Mini, SONOS Era 100 x2, SONOS Era 300 Dolby Atmos, Logitech G560 2.1 USB & Bluetooth Speaker, Logitech Z625 2.1 THX Speaker, Edifier M1370BT 2.1 Bluetooth Speaker, LG SK9Y 5.1.2 channel Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio SoundBar, Sony MDR-Z1R, Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EX, Sony WF-1000XM5, Sony WH-1000XM5, Sony WH-1000XM4, Apple AirPods Pro, Samsung Galaxy Buds2, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019 edition), Apple TV 4K (2017 & 2021 Edition), Chromecast with Google TV, Sony UBP-X700 UltraHD Blu-ray, Panasonic DMP-UB400 UltraHD Blu-ray.

Mobile & Smart Watch: Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max (Natural Titanium), Apple Watch Series 8 Stainless Steel with Milanese Loop (Graphite).

Others Gadgets: Asus SBW-06D2X-U Blu-ray RW Drive, 70 TB Ext. HDD, j5create JVCU100 USB HD Webcam with 360° rotation, ZTE UONU F620, Maxis Fibre WiFi 6 Router, Fantech MPR800 Soft Cloth RGB Gaming Mousepad, Fantech Headset Headphone Stand AC3001S RGB Lighting Base Tower, Infiniteracer RGB Gaming Chair

2 minutes ago, Andrewtst said:

In all day and if it is static all day. Please don't get any OLED panel, highly chances you get burn in. 

In additional, Ultrawide is awesome and immersive but that depends on user. Some prefer standard 16:9 wide. 

I from 16:9 wide to 21:9 Ultrawide to now 32:9 Super Ultrawide. 

For HDR, you need to spend more a lot. For best experience, you need to OLED or mini-LED VA with 1000+ local dimming zone and HDR 1000 nits. 

Has the AW3423DW suffered from burn in?

Most nights I will turn the monitor off but I'd be using it when working from home, having documents up, browsers up etc as well as gaming. Would that pose a problem? 

1 hour ago, farmfowls said:

Has the AW3423DW suffered from burn in?

Most nights I will turn the monitor off but I'd be using it when working from home, having documents up, browsers up etc as well as gaming. Would that pose a problem? 

QD-OLED is less possible of burn in but from what I read this also same as others OLED need standby time for screen refreshing and it is also aggressively refresh from time to time, include image shifting, which means they still worried and possible of burn in by doing all those OLED need to do burn in prevention. Also it is too earlier to know whether  QD-OLED is truly better less burn in issue than OLED or not. To me it is possible also else those prevention will not required. 

If you had off the monitor should be no issue. Make sure it is standby mode and no power cut off to let the monitor do what they suppose to do. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC 24G, X570 AORUS Elite WIFI Motherboard, HyperX FURY 32GB DDR4-3200 RGB RAM, Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 Sound Card, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 SATA 500GB, ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 SATA 2TB, Asus HyperX Fury RGB SSD 960GB, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3.5 HDD 2TB, Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R ARGB, Cooler Master MASTERFAN MF120R ARGB, Cooler Master ELV8 Graphics Card Holder ARGB, Asus ROG Strix 1000G PSU, Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH RGB Case, Windows 11 Pro (22H2).

Laptop: Asus Vivobook "A Bathing Ape" - ASUS Vivobook S 15 OLED BAPE Edition: Intel i9-13900H, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 2.8K 120hz OLED | Apple MacBook Pro 14" 2023: M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, NVMe 512 GB | Asus VivoBook 15 OLED: Intel® Core™ i3-1125G4, Intel UHD, 8 GB RAM, Micron NVMe 512 GB | Illegear Z5 SKYLAKE: Intel Core i7-6700HQ, Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M, 16 GB RAM, ADATA SU800 M.2 SATA 512GB.

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey OLED G9 49" 5120x1440 240hz QD-OLED HDR, LG OLED Flex 42LX3QPSA 41.5" 3840x2160 bendable 120hz WOLED, AOC 24G2SP 24" 1920x1080 165hz SDR, LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor 34" 34GN850 3440x1440 144hz (160hz OC) NanoIPS HDR, LG Ultrawide Gaming Monitor 34" 34UC79G 2560x1080 144hz IPS SDR, LG 24MK600 24" 1920x1080 75hz Freesync IPS SDR, BenQ EW2440ZH 24" 1920x1080 75hz VA SDR.

Input Device: Asus ROG Azoth Wireless Mechanical KeyboardAsus ROG Chakram X Origin Wireless MouseLogitech G913 Lightspeed Wireless RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Logitech G502X Wireless Mouse, Logitech G903 Lightspeed HERO Wireless Gaming Mouse, Logitech Pro X, Logitech MX Keys, Logitech MX Master 3, XBOX Wireless Controller Covert Forces Edition, Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE Wireless Gaming Mouse, Logitech MK850 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combos.

Entertainment: LG 55" C9 OLED HDR Smart UHD TV with AI ThinQ®, 65" Samsung AU7000 4K UHD Smart TV, SONOS Beam (Gen 2) Dolby Atmos Soundbar, SONOS Sub Mini, SONOS Era 100 x2, SONOS Era 300 Dolby Atmos, Logitech G560 2.1 USB & Bluetooth Speaker, Logitech Z625 2.1 THX Speaker, Edifier M1370BT 2.1 Bluetooth Speaker, LG SK9Y 5.1.2 channel Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio SoundBar, Sony MDR-Z1R, Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EX, Sony WF-1000XM5, Sony WH-1000XM5, Sony WH-1000XM4, Apple AirPods Pro, Samsung Galaxy Buds2, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019 edition), Apple TV 4K (2017 & 2021 Edition), Chromecast with Google TV, Sony UBP-X700 UltraHD Blu-ray, Panasonic DMP-UB400 UltraHD Blu-ray.

Mobile & Smart Watch: Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max (Natural Titanium), Apple Watch Series 8 Stainless Steel with Milanese Loop (Graphite).

Others Gadgets: Asus SBW-06D2X-U Blu-ray RW Drive, 70 TB Ext. HDD, j5create JVCU100 USB HD Webcam with 360° rotation, ZTE UONU F620, Maxis Fibre WiFi 6 Router, Fantech MPR800 Soft Cloth RGB Gaming Mousepad, Fantech Headset Headphone Stand AC3001S RGB Lighting Base Tower, Infiniteracer RGB Gaming Chair

9 minutes ago, Andrewtst said:

It is less possible of burn in but from what I read this also same as others OLED need standby time for screen refreshing and it is also aggressively refresh from time to time, include image shifting, which means they still worried and possible of burn in by doing all those OLED need to do burn in prevention.

If you had off the monitor should be no issue. Make sure it is standby mode and no power cut off to let the monitor do what they suppose to do. 

If every night I turn the monitor off and even if I added the habit of turning it off when I leave my desk, if I used it all day for work and the gaming at night would I be treading on the dangerous side? 

10 minutes ago, farmfowls said:

If every night I turn the monitor off and even if I added the habit of turning it off when I leave my desk, if I used it all day for work and the gaming at night would I be treading on the dangerous side? 

Actually even normal OLED also not that easier burn in anymore as many prevention is done include the screen is shifting from time to time, you won't notice it but you will know by looking at screen edge border where you will notice sometimes it is more to right or left. My Asus laptop screen is OLED and I not even know they do such prevention or not, but I can confirm they did not do drastically brightness reduction but until now so far so good. 

You should look into others issue, for example this model had less sharp text with purple frigging due to the diamond arrangement pixel. Also if I not remember wrongly, it tends to reduce the brightness heavily when you maximise and minimise the open white background apps. It also drastically reduce the brightness when bright object on for certain period of time. 

I did not get this monitor after I know all the cons especially the purple frigging text issue. Some said can make it better by tuning the clear type but it is not 100% solve and not in all apps. 

I find this monitor is great for gaming and watching movie but not really for productivity. 

3 minutes ago, Andrewtst said:

Actually even normal OLED also not that easier burn in anymore as many prevention is done include the screen is shifting from time to time, you won't notice it but you will know by looking at screen edge border where you will notice sometimes it is more to right or left. 

You should look into others issue, for example this model had less sharp text with purple frigging due to the diamond arrangement pixel. Also if I not remember wrongly, it tends to reduce the brightness heavily when you maximise and minimise the open white background apps. It also drastically reduce the brightness when bright object on for certain period of time. 

I did not get this monitor after I know all the cons especially the purple frigging text issue. Some said can make it better by tuning the clear type but it is not 100% solve and not in all apps. 

I find this monitor is great for gaming and watching movie but not really for productivity. 

Does screen shifting happen automatically? Like do you mean this process runs randomly like when I'm gaming? or is it a function you can run? 

I didn't know about those other issues your mentioning either, so thank you for informing me. So text is purple all the time? Or have a purplish tint to it? I've heard about flickering issues but I do not know if this has been fixed, do you know anything about it? 

57 minutes ago, farmfowls said:

Does screen shifting happen automatically? Like do you mean this process runs randomly like when I'm gaming? or is it a function you can run? 

I didn't know about those other issues your mentioning either, so thank you for informing me. So text is purple all the time? Or have a purplish tint to it? I've heard about flickering issues but I do not know if this has been fixed, do you know anything about it? 

Screen shifting is automatically for all OLED include OLED TV. It is run from time to time and cannot control, it is not shifting very fast but extremely slow, they is no impact on usage as you will not notice it. 

Text is not purple, it is purple frigging (ya purple tint). You will seen it when you seat closer. It is not very noticeable but it is there. 

I did not mentioning on flickering as I don't think that is issue as it is not noticeable in human eye.

More information at rtings.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/alienware-aw3423dw

On 10/9/2022 at 4:29 AM, Andrewtst said:

Screen shifting is automatically for all OLED include OLED TV. It is run from time to time and cannot control, it is not shifting very fast but extremely slow, they is no impact on usage as you will not notice it.

It is sudden, not gradual. But it is very rare when i notice the "jump". If it's distracting you can simply turn it off, but imo it's not distracting 99% of the time. On LG OLED it will cut a few pixels off your screen, but QD OLED panels have a few more pixels than the actual resolution, so you never lose any screen space due to the pixel shift feature.

On 10/9/2022 at 4:29 AM, Andrewtst said:

Text is not purple, it is purple frigging (ya purple tint). You will seen it when you seat closer. It is not very noticeable but it is there. 

I'm not saying it's not there but i tried very hard and i cannot see it on my C2. Maybe this is also down to unit to unit variance.

Text tinting (or fringing) can have different colors and it's pretty hard to notice imo. I sti around 90 cm away from my 42" C2 and at this distance it's not visible. If i move closer to 60 cm or so it becomes noticeable. Keep in mind i'm talking about LG OLED panels. I haven't seen a QD-OLED in reality yet.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

It is sudden, not gradual. But it is very rare when i notice the "jump". If it's distracting you can simply turn it off, but imo it's not distracting 99% of the time. On LG OLED it will cut a few pixels off your screen, but QD OLED panels have a few more pixels than the actual resolution, so you never lose any screen space due to the pixel shift feature.

I'm not saying it's not there but i tried very hard and i cannot see it on my C2. Maybe this is also down to unit to unit variance.

Text tinting (or fringing) can have different colors and it's pretty hard to notice imo. I sti around 90 cm away from my 42" C2 and at this distance it's not visible. If i move closer to 60 cm or so it becomes noticeable. Keep in mind i'm talking about LG OLED panels. I haven't seen a QD-OLED in reality yet.

That I also agreed shouldn't turn off, and not distracting at all. I know all LG OLED TV can turn off, I not sure on Dell or others brand OLED monitor. 😅

The text frigging normally people call it purple fringing, so I just use that common term. 😛

For LG OLED I can't really seen it also. I not sure how the Dell one as I personally never seen it but every reviewer purposely mentioned it, I believe it will be more obvious as it is 1440p also, not like LG OLED which is 2160p and probably the sub-pixel arrangement of RWGB is better than Diamond pixel as well.