Having weird issues in windows 11 dev preview

Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,

It's a preview of the current state of Windows development. It's not intended for production use. If you're a developer yourself, you can use it to make sure your software is compatible with upcoming Windows versions, but otherwise you should stick to release versions.

so I have this weird bug happening in dev builds in windows 11. The system process in task manager(ntoskrnl.exe) uses 15% of cpu everytime in background. But if I open GeForce experience, the system process goes 0. If I close then system usage borks to 15%. I don't know if it's issue with windows 11 build or my laptop itself.

My coworker kept the Win 11 Dev Preview on his work computer and it had a ton of issues. He had to bite the bullet and reinstall the full release public version in order to fix it. Now that it's full release you shouldn't be on the Dev Preview anymore anyway.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

It's a preview of the current state of Windows development. It's not intended for production use. If you're a developer yourself, you can use it to make sure your software is compatible with upcoming Windows versions, but otherwise you should stick to release versions.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply