USB not working properly

ToggleAU

So when I power on my pc everything works fine like my keyboard is lighting up and my mouse is connected through its charger and it’s charging but when I go to put my password in nothing is working mouse pointer dosent move nothing is working some one help please 

4 hours ago, ToggleAU said:

connected through its charger

can you please, explain, you mean USB into your Motherboard? 

what system do you have as well as what Mouse and keyboard are you using? ? is the Problem new? or came out of the blue 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

so evertime i boot up my pc its works fine but after about 20 or so minutes all the usbs stop working and the way i have been fixing it is by turning on my pc and waiting about 10 minutes or so then pluggin in all my usbs back in but if i dont do that i dosent work plz help

Try only plugging the essentials (mouse/keyboard), see if it still fails, if it doesn't add your other devices one at a time and waiting those 20+ minutes each time between them. Maybe one's defective and bringing everything down when it goes awry.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, ToggleAU said:

so evertime i boot up my pc its works fine but after about 20 or so minutes all the usbs stop working and the way i have been fixing it is by turning on my pc and waiting about 10 minutes or so then pluggin in all my usbs back in but if i dont do that i dosent work plz help

That has the earmarks of a heat problem to me.  Especially if a reboot doesn’t fix it but a reboot plus a wait does.  Probably need specs of the machine, in particular which motherboard and what cards are in the pcie slots.  It could also be heat from one of the peripherals I guess.  Does one of em feel warm?  This sounds like a one thing at a time test for the peripherals.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That has the earmarks of a heat problem to me.  Especially if a reboot doesn’t fix it but a reboot plus a wait does.  Probably need specs of the machine, in particular which motherboard and what cards are in the pcie slots.  It could also be heat from one of the peripherals I guess.  Does one of em feel warm?  This sounds like a one thing at a time test for the peripherals.

i have b360m bazooka and no nothing is hot and i got a gtx 750 ti 

• 2 months later...

So when turning on my pc today my usb ports would only work for a second when my keyboard rgb flashes and then dosent work anyone know how to fix this 

For what ever reason when I power on my computer my keyboard will flash red for a millisecond and then not work but for my other 60% keyboard it will turn on the rgb but nothing else works like not sending a signal to the computer 

Yes it does 

For what ever reason my USBs won’t work properly but it can light up my keyboard but nothing else I have restarted pc restarted bios 

Which USB ports?

The ones on the front of the case?

The ones on the motherboard I/O?

Both?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Yeah both they will all do the same which is make my keyboard flash for a second then not work

So pretty much when giving my pc power my keyboard will flash red for a second and then not work but will my gk61 it lights up but nothing happens but I’ve noticed when pressing the power button to turn off the pc still has power idk if this is diffrent to the usbs or not 

And I have restarted 

I have this issue all the time with my HP laptop. I basically have to update or reinstall the BIOS every time to fix it.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:39 PM, johnt said:

I have this issue all the time with my HP laptop. I basically have to update or reinstall the BIOS every time to fix it.

I can’t even get into the bios bc of the usbs 

So when ever I turn on my pc my keyboard will blink red and then not work because of my usb how do I fix it 

what model keyboard do you have?

So I restarted my pc a couple a days ago and when I turned it back on my USB keyboard will flash red for a millisecond and then not turn on and when changing usb ports it will do the same thing and when clearing cmos it would flash red for some reason 

Is everything plugged in correctly? I'm not a pc expert so I can't give you better advice than to check if everything is plugged in correctly.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Does your computer turn on/boot successfully? Is this a PC issue or a keyboard issue?

Does the behavior persist if you change port type? We're talking USB 2 vs 3 ports, or switching from a case header to plugging directly into the motherboard ports on the back of the PC 

Do any of those make a difference?

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

3 minutes ago, NaClKnight said:

Does your computer turn on/boot successfully? Is this a PC issue or a keyboard issue?

Does the behavior persist if you change port type? We're talking USB 2 vs 3 ports, or switching from a case header to plugging directly into the motherboard ports on the back of the PC 

Do any of those make a difference?

The pc boots successfully the only difference is the back USBs when I turn it on the flash on the keyboard flashes for longer if that makes sense and on my gk61 the rgb will work but not send a signal to the pc 

9 minutes ago, ToggleAU said:

The pc boots successfully the only difference is the back USBs when I turn it on the flash on the keyboard flashes for longer if that makes sense and on my gk61 the rgb will work but not send a signal to the pc 

Do you have a second keyboard you can try?

Is your mouse also unusable?

USB drivers are one of the core basic things the PC loads on startup, so diagnosis may be a little weird.

After the PC boots to Windows, do you hear the typical 2 note sound when you plug in or unplug any USB device? 

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3