Ryzen Zen 3 discontinued?

Will AMD most likely stop producing Zen 3 processors now that Zen 4 is out? I've got my eyes on an 5800x3D when im building an new pc, And wonder if i have to move quick while they are still in stock or if they will continue to still make more of them?

1 minute ago, Myrni88 said:

Will AMD most likely stop producing Zen 3 processors now that Zen 4 is out? I've got my eyes on an 5800x3D when im building an new pc, And wonder if i have to move quick while they are still in stock or if they will continue to still make more of them?

I haven't followed up recently, but IIRC, they talked about keeping zen 3 running for some time as the "budget option" parallel to zen 4.

So i guess they are not discontienuing them just yet. 

You may want to get a more credible source than my scatterbrain for true confirmation

24 minutes ago, Myrni88 said:

I think i've read something about AMD producing zen 3 until at least end of 2023 a few days ago. Can't remember if thats true or where i read it.

It will be produced/ kept it stock for a while longer. How long who knows but for now its still available and not ending production.

Given they've released the budget 5600 and lower rather recently and won't certainly release budget 7000s soon I tend to think the budget Zen3 chips will still be produced until they're replaced so several quarters

Not so sure for the 5800X3D and other 5600X and above which may be EoL soon

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 / RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Well while 5800X3D is a great CPU it lacks upgrade path. I would consider going AM5/Intel 12th/13th gen due to this. Besides it's not really a budget option anyway.

However I'm .....RELATIVELY....(heh) sure AM4 will not be discontinued yet and will be sold alongside Ryzen 7000 for a while. I think AMD said so not long ago.

10 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Well while 5800X3D is a great CPU it lacks upgrade path.

5800X3D is an upgrade path.

Zen3 will likely stay in production for couple more years as AM4 is so popular that there is no reason for them to stop selling it. Heck... Zen2 is still in production. 

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

5800X3D is an upgrade path.

If OP builds a new PC with a 5800X3D which CPU have AMD announced will be an AM4 upgrade for it?

As far as I know it's the end of the line for new AM4 processors.

14 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

If OP builds a new PC with a 5800X3D which CPU have AMD announced will be an AM4 upgrade for it?

As far as I know it's the end of the line for new AM4 processors.

I think WereCat meant that they will keep making 5800x3d s its an upgrade path for current AM4 owners. It can play on the seasaw with all the heavy boys from the new classes

As long as they sell, they'll keep making them. And, they will sell for longer. Zen 4 is going to be an expensive platform to buy into. It requires DDR5, and that's still 2x the price of DDR4. Plus, there's still a market for people on older AM4 chipsets that will be looking for a cheap upgrade option, and Zen 3 will give them that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse