Made by Google - October 6th 10am ET - Pixel 7, 7 Pro, Pixel Watch and Pixel Tablet!

Senzelian

image.thumb.png.2c96cfdfcc8875cfa9a4d638e7d4fd1b.png

Once again, it is time for Google to release new hardware and therefor to hold their annual "#MadeByGoogle" event. As always it will be live streamed to Youtube, aswell as googlestore.com/events if you live in the U.S., Great Britain or Australia.

You can follow the stream here on Youtube:

The following hardware is expected to be released during the event and should be available on Googlestore.com as soon as the event starts:

• Google Pixel 7
  • Google Pixel 7 Pro
  • Google Pixel Watch

We might also receive more information about the upcomming Google Pixel tablet and on top Google has announced to update us on a few smart home gadgets.

Once the event goes live I will start updating the post as soon as I can with pretty new pictures and specs, which, as many of you know, have been already leaked in typical Google fashion. Until the event starts I've prepared some pictures from the previously shown "Design"-videos on Google's YouTube channel to get a first impression of the hardware, if you haven't already.

I know that this is not an Apple event and therefor the excitement factor will likely be lower for many of you, but nontheless I thought I'd put some effort into creating this post as I had quite a bit of fun working on it. I hope I will be able to present you with a nice little overview of what's to come that you can come back to later and refer to.

image.thumb.png.89bbeb6fee4d083cb7f7e9c451a05bb7.png

image.thumb.png.c8cbf2c7f67468b9ac8a8a1182a69ace.png

• 6.3-inch display
  • 1080 x 2400 OLED at 416 ppi
  • 20:9 aspect ratio
  • up to 90 Hz
  • Gorilla Glass Victus
  • Up to 1000 nits (HDR) and up to 1400 nits (peak brightness)
  • 4355 mAh
  • 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM
  • 128 GB / 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage
  • Titan M2 security chip
  • Fingerprint Unlock
  • Face Unlock
  • Google Tensor G2
  • IP68

• 50 MP Octa PD Quad Bayer
    wide camera
    ƒ/1.85 aperture
    LDAF (laser detect auto focus) sensor
    Optical and electronic image stabilization
    82° field of view
    1.2 μm pixel width

• 12 MP ultrawide camera12
    ƒ/2.2 aperture
    114° field of view12
    1.25 μm pixel width
    Lens correction

• Front Camera
    10.8 MP
    ƒ/2.2 aperture
    Fixed focus
    92.8° ultrawide field of view12
    1.22 μm pixel width

image.thumb.png.c6765740060bb5d2d265f3b9fe48c206.png

lSIuNwq.png

image.thumb.png.e6093c0c48ce7db68fe24fcff2d74637.png

image.thumb.png.4f7b2dd1f55b99df38b4a7a6cece61eb.png

• 6.7-inch display
  • 1440 x 3120 LTPO OLED at 512 ppi
  • 19.5:9 aspect ratio
  • up to 120 Hz
  • Gorilla Glass Victus
  • Up to 1000 nits (HDR) and up to 1500 nits (peak brightness)
  • 5000 mAh battery
  • 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM
  • 128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB UFS 3.1 storage
  • Titan M2 security chip
  • Built-in VPN powered by Google One
  • Fingerprint Unlock
  • Face Unlock
  • Google Tensor G2
  • IP68

• 50 MP Octa PD Quad Bayer
    wide camera
    ƒ/1.85 aperture
    LDAF (laser detect auto focus) sensor
    Optical and electronic image stabilization
    82° field of view
    1.2 μm pixel width

• 12 MP ultrawide camera with autofocus
    ƒ/2.2 aperture
    125.8° field of view
    1.25 μm pixel width
    Lens correction

• 48 MP Quad Bayer PD telephoto camera
    ƒ/3.5 aperture
    20.6° field of view
    0.7 μm pixel width
    5x optical zoom
    Super Res Zoom up to 30x

• Front Camera
    10.8 MP
    ƒ/2.2 aperture
    Fixed focus
    92.8° ultrawide field of view12
    1.22 μm pixel width

image.thumb.png.d43e927af81b29513e49111fa242a750.png

FgzDajE.png

wUNytnr.png

image.thumb.png.8554b764ff1b94a9d7c6722a2321a8ae.png

• Stainless steel case
  • Custom AMOLED display with DCI-P3 color
  • Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
  • WiFi / LTE
  • NFC
  • Step Tracking
  • Calorie Tracking
  • Continuous heart rate monitoring
  • Real-time heart rate tracking
  • ECG app with Afib detection
  • Sleep stages and Sleep Score
  • Emergency SOS
  • Emergency international calling

• Optical heart rate sensor
  • Gyroscope
  • Always-on altimeter
  • 3-axis accelerometer
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Compass

• Fall Detection coming in 2023

qTP28m7.png

Iq6o7Z3.png

nENjzDz.png

image.thumb.png.3445e0e4b1d9032d2f62813f7c0e6913.png

gZuhMpC.png

94VkNBF.png

• Google Tensor G2
  • Supports MaterialYou
  • Comes with a Speaker/Dock
  • Release: 2023

AcxbNaN.png

G28YCA1.png

mFDL8gP.png

uVM0vdm.png

wXm2p0k.png

image.thumb.png.2e0f1ad15b6c747f239ceb9b2e20901b.png

• Metal case for the Google Pixel Watch, which is available on Amazon as of right now by a third party seller.

image.thumb.png.97d7180eba5f4c311808abf56578ecdb.png

• Google Nest WiFi Pro

This suddenly popped up on the Google Store, but was not shown at the event. I thought I'd mention it here.

image.thumb.png.48cca148351237df62523a24b38a8765.png

ihplwjc.png

• With the purchase of a Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro, you will receive a VPN at no extra cost.

image.thumb.png.9208331b0f5013cc27d4748ad0f4f077.png

• Pixel 7 and 7 Pro will feature Face Unlock, which according to Google will work with the help of AI machine learning. Both devices do not feature a depth or infrared camera at the front.

image.thumb.png.0c6ea0ca07cc999ff85b15e69184679c.png

• Google Tensor G2 is Google's successor to their first generation processor, which now powers Pixel 7 and 7 Pro

image.thumb.png.918937ba786486e41b3d3e833c3f4640.png

• With voice typing it will now be possible to simply tell assistant what emoji you're looking for and it will find it for you and insert it. You can for example say "Happy emoji" or "Cat emoji".
    As before assistant does also automatically suggest emojis depending on the text you type.

image.thumb.png.8f0ba51652b98a4de3c999b99df57580.png

• Google Messages will now be able to transcribe voice messages on the fly on Pixel 7 / 7 Pro

image.thumb.png.8a1ad89c7d91c7760344f183f41ed5e8.png

• Photo Unblur will be available for Pixel 7 and 7 Pro on Google Photos to, as the name suggests, unblur already existing photos.

image.thumb.png.f700d4251a7214c57758c4344298e44f.png

• 10bit HDR video capture is now available on Pixel 7 and 7 Pro

mKpsLG7.png

• 4K 60FPS video recording and speech enhancements is available to all Pixel 7 cameras

image.thumb.png.5007cbdd5b85a148f4bccf7fb6f4a3c7.png

• Super Res Zoom is a new feature within Google's lineup of computational photography, which improves the picture quality of zoomed in pictures. All technologies combines enable up to 30x zoom with the Pixel 7 Pro.

w6U1BJ4.png

Ts7gtkU.png

• Zoom Stabilisation enables better stabilisation while taking zoomed videos and a new ML upscaler enables even sharper video and pictures at higher resolutions. (Hard to see on the picture)

MO4yRXg.png

TcmQlt9.png

• Google Pixel 7's and 7 Pro's wide angle camera is now 27% wider and features auto focus, which now enables a new feature called "Macro Focus".

TmBHHvw.png

• Clear Calling works similar to ANC (active noise cancellation). It will use machine learning to eliminate distracting background noises and enhance the callers voice for a better calling experience.
  • Guided framing helps blind and visually impaired people to take selfies by telling the user how to position their phone.
  • Nightsight, Google's low light camera feature, is now twice as fast with Tensor G2 compared to... "without Tensor G2".
  •  

https://store.google.com/intl/en/ideas/articles/google-fall-launch-event/?hl=de

https://store.google.com/us/product/pixel_7?hl=en-US

https://store.google.com/us/product/pixel_7_pro?hl=en-US

https://store.google.com/us/product/google_pixel_watch?hl=en-US

https://store.google.com/us/product/nest_wifi_pro?hl=en-US

Some pictures were uploaded directly to the forum and others to imgur. It might take a moment to load. If there are any issues, let me know. 🙂 

I always thought metal would become premium one day.  The world hasn’t become too similar to “cool cash war” yet, but it’s still on track.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

another year, another Pixel that will e riddled with flaws, issues, and bugs

Am betting on that horse for this year too

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

So apparently someone created a YouTube channel with a livestream of a pre-recorded Q&A session with Sundar Pichai, to scam people into sending BTC to an anonymous account with the promise of receiving double the amount back. The video was taken down, and because I didn't look closely at the stream I actually fell for it too and had the link to this livestream up on this post. Sorry for that. 😞 

As soon as the actual live stream goes live I will post the correct link. 

I don't know if it's just the pictures but for some reason this lineup looks like the most premium one yet from Google. I actually really like the looks I'll have to get my hands on one and of course see what the specs are but dang I really like it.

27 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

So apparently someone created a YouTube channel with a livestream of a pre-recorded Q&A session with Sundar Pichai, to scam people into sending BTC to an anonymous account with the promise of receiving double the amount back. The video was taken down, and because I didn't look closely at the stream I actually fell for it too and had the link to this livestream up on this post. Sorry for that. 😞 

As soon as the actual live stream goes live I will post the correct link. 

Lol.  Letters died but the chain letter only grew stronger.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Fasterthannothing said:

but for some reason this lineup looks like the most premium one yet from Google

Mostly comes down to the Pixel Watch which has a pretty striking design and the camera bump on the Pixel 7 / 7 Pro I would say, since that was changed to a new aluminum look instead of the plastic look from the Pixel 6 / 6 Pro.

27 minutes ago, Obioban said:

Circular smart watches are definitely prioritizing form over function. Amazing how little they can fit on that screen.

Pixel Watch Leak BPM Feature 2

I mean it's a watch I'm sorry but a square is not a substitute for a watch design. People seem to forget that smart watches are supposed to look like a watch not standout like a brick tied to your wrist.

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

another year, another Pixel that will e riddled with flaws, issues, and bugs

Am betting on that horse for this year too

It's funny. I always here people say "I've had nothing but trouble with <Android phone brand>. Next time I'm just going to get a pixel"

But on the other hand I've never heard anyone actually recommend a pixel phone or have ever heard anyone having a good experience with them .

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

18 minutes ago, Arika S said:

But on the other hand I've never heard anyone actually recommend a pixel phone or have ever heard anyone having a good experience with them .

Hello there 😛 

I had nothing but great experiences and I also recommended my manager to get one and my old company, which they did with the Pixel 4 and 5 for all of their employees. They now switched to S22s and are deeply regretting it as battery life seems to be really bad.

I get that there are issues with Pixel devices, but a lot seem to be blown out of proportion for more clicks.

Updated the post with the correct link to the livestream. The countdown is ticking. 

36 minutes ago, Fasterthannothing said:

I mean it's a watch I'm sorry but a square is not a substitute for a watch design. People seem to forget that smart watches are supposed to look like a watch not standout like a brick tied to your wrist.

A watch is historically circular because that was the shape that was spatially efficient for an analog clock.

When an analog clock is not what you're stapping on your wrist, circular is choosing form over function... and requires it to be larger for the same functionality, making it stand out more for any given feature set.

1 minute ago, Obioban said:

A watch is historically circular because that is the shape that was spatially efficient for an analog clock.

When an analog clock is not what you're stapping on your wrist, circular is choosing form over function... and requires it to be larger for the same functionality, making it stand out more for any given feature set.

I agree. People have to understand that they don't have to come up with silly excuses for buying form over function. "I like it" is a perfectly good reason to prefer something over something else, even if the feature set or price/performance is worse.

7 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I agree. People have to understand that they don't have to come up with silly excuses for buying form over function. "I like it" is a perfectly good reason to prefer something over something else, even if the feature set or price/performance is worse.

Analogue watches are a good example of this. Mine is a fairly inexpensive one, but even so, if you view it as a "tech product" the price-to-performance and feature set are appalling. (It only shows me the time and the day of the month, and doesn't even reset automatically for daylight savings or months shorter than 31 days!!) Despite this, I still think it's a better thing to have on my wrist than any smartwatch would be.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Sounds like some good functional updates to the Pixel 7 line, particularly the upgraded zoom functionality. I'm a bit skeptical, but if you can get good 2X, 5X and 10X shots without needing a ton of cameras... that's pretty slick. Google is definitely chasing after Apple, though, as the ultra-wide macros and Cinematic Blur (read: Cinematic Mode) have been on the iPhone for a year. Face Unlock likely won't be as secure as on the iPhone, but it should still be good enough to address possible gripes with the fingerprint reader.

I certainly wouldn't upgrade from a Pixel 6, but the total package is an easy sell if you're tired of a Pixel 5 or earlier.

The Pixel Watch is obviously Google's answer to the Apple Watch, but I appreciate a few things: affordable models with steel cases, the clever straps, Fitbit integration and the like. I would get one in a heartbeat if I had to drop my iPhone/Apple Watch main combo to go all-Android.

Watch LTE is still not avail for other watches it seems on google fi. 

Tried to see if i could get my galaxy watch 4 connected now and the answer still seems to be a resounding no.

Maybe on the 13th when the pixel watch is supposed to launch we will be able to add other watches to our google FI plans. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

VPN or proxy and is it sussy?

Good to see that most are getting the VRR treatment and to save battery.

Also missing stuff for android. hope that the androidverse can still improve besides more support for just the pixel phones.

5 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Hello there 😛 

I had nothing but great experiences and I also recommended my manager to get one and my old company, which they did with the Pixel 4 and 5 for all of their employees. They now switched to S22s and are deeply regretting it as battery life seems to be really bad.

I get that there are issues with Pixel devices, but a lot seem to be blown out of proportion for more clicks.

I wonder if there isn’t a mod solution for that one..  would depend on how much voltage they need, and what is available, but if everything before had plastic cases you could either 3d print or drill out the backs preserving the attachment point to make ‘em thicker and put bigger batteries in em.  Could even put on a second battery on a strap and connect em.  Would look kinda strange wearing two watches, but it’s been done.

Edited by Bombastinator

Could someone explain to me the google wifi 6e mesh system. how are you supposed to get speeds of up to 5.4gbps when the ports on it are only 1gb?

17 minutes ago, Exty said:

Could someone explain to me the google wifi 6e mesh system. how are you supposed to get speeds of up to 5.4gbps when the ports on it are only 1gb?

I assume you're reffering to this:
image.png.492a5c7067c9bf6de06e07413ed4a3e1.png

They mean combined speeds in the literal sense of combining the speeds of all standards together. You find this on my routers unfortunately...

For example on this router they specifically mention the speeds of each standard, but are also combining them within the name of the product:

(300 + 900 Mbps / AC1200)

netgear | Other | Wifi Router Un Used In A Box | Poshmark

7 hours ago, Fasterthannothing said:

I don't think you've paid much attention to the watch world. Here's the Cartier Santos:

w960.webp.f07c0ea62459783405d8a93d95a01c9d.webp

See also: TAG Heuer Monaco, Nomos Tetra, Hermès Cape Cod... and those are just some of the better-known brands.

The Apple Watch looks like a watch. It's just not mimicking the stereotypical circular watch case. And while I'm fine with Google's approach on the Pixel Watch, I don't fault Apple for choosing a design that's better suited to digital content.

Sure there are other square watches, but those are fashion watches, form over function and its a square thing slapped on your wrist. I've never seen a square Seiko or Citizen watch for example, something nice yet still practical enough to wear every day.

I like that the Pixel watch is round, it looks like an actual watch, also the watch being round means less chance of bumping it on things, and it's a watch you don't need to read entire emails on your watch screen.

Although those magnetic straps are kinda weird, if I were in the market for a smart watch I'd want something more secure.

There were some rumours that Google put a lot of work into the battery life for this gen. It's a shame they didn't seem to seed them to reviewers so that we could get some reviews when they launch. There is a world where I consider the Pixel 7 Pro for my next phone, given battery life improvements.

The Pixel watch is....interesting, but somewhat disappointing. A larger screen would have been preferable, and not having to buy an accessory to protect it from the slightest of bumps would have been pretty nice as well. Exposed curved glass like that is only going to play nicely if you live in an office environment, and take it off during any even remotely vigorous activity. There's also the Fitbit partnership; so, from what I gathered, a large amount of the data that it collects will be locked behind a paywall? Pretty weak.

The VPN idea made me chuckle. Yes, let's give the info that you don't want your ISP to have directly to an advertising company 😂

4 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Sure there are other square watches, but those are fashion watches, form over function and its a square thing slapped on your wrist. I've never seen a square Seiko or Citizen watch for example, something nice yet still practical enough to wear every day.

I like that the Pixel watch is round, it looks like an actual watch, also the watch being round means less chance of bumping it on things, and it's a watch you don't need to read entire emails on your watch screen.

Although those magnetic straps are kinda weird, if I were in the market for a smart watch I'd want something more secure.

They do. Seiko SNKP27, for example, or the Citizen Axiom. Rado makes a series of square watches. There's also the Rolex Cellini line. Virtually every watch maker, be it fashion or high end Swiss has a square watch. Square watches were harder to create, that's why they weren't as common. There's nothing that's lacking in function from it being square in shape.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red