what cae fans shoulkd i get

alexfer84

Lian lis sli uni fans are my favorite in terms of looks, but theybare a bit pricey, so what case are you putting these in and your budget?

if it's for your 4000D airflow case, just grab

3 fan pack of ARCTIC P12 PST A-RGB 0dB

they're daisy-chainable both pwm & rgb connector

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

11 hours ago, alexfer84 said:

i prefer rgb but no worries if not 120mm btw

Be Quiet RGB fans looks decent and are very quiet. I haven’t tested them, but people like Lian Li too. Cable management is supposed to be easier on them. Don’t buy Arctic Fans, period.  They used to be super cheap which made them a deal. But they aren’t that good. People who keep recommending them either need to justify their own purchase, are deaf, or got lucky and didn’t get a DOA fan in their 5 pack. 

On 10/7/2022 at 12:08 AM, 1982 Original said:

Don’t buy Arctic Fans

how come? my arctic p8, p12 & p14 has been running 24/7 since Aug 2019

they run around 40% rpm on my unraid nas box & tower server. no issue for me

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

1 hour ago, fonzz1e said:

how come? my arctic p8, p12 & p14 has been running 24/7 since Aug 2019

they run around 40% rpm on my unraid nas box & tower server. no issue for me

I bought a lot of them when the price was super low before Gamerz Nexus hyped them up. They were under $7 each buying singles or around $4 in a 5 pack. You’d get a bum fan out of the box, cheap build, relatively quiet, but with hub noise in the middle of the range. Some would develop ticks in the motor because they were cheap fans that weren’t terrible as long as they stayed cheap. 

Once they went up in price, they are no longer a recommendation. At one point, they were $40 a 5 pack and $14 a single and still getting recommended… Which is dumb. Pure Wings at $11 and better. Redux are $14 and better. The 5 packs are back down to $30, which does make them cheap again. The best Arctics are the P12 Silents. You can run them at 100% and you really can’t hear them. And they don’t make any hub noise like the PST model does… probably because they stay under the rpm where it’s present. 

I haven’t tried the RGB models, so I guess I shouldn’t have said “don’t buy” to those as I haven’t tried them nor do I know the price. I gave a knee jerk reaction mostly because Arctics get way over recommended on this forum. 

11 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Delta, Sunon, Nidec, San Ace, Mechatronics.

Best brands.

My next venture is to test some of the brands that aren’t mainstream.  Probably some gems in there. 

I do prefer xpg vento pro (aka nidec typhoons) on my rads

from my experience argb p12 don't have that noise, they added a ring around the fans similar to noiseblockers (afaik noise is from the fan blades around 1000 rpm range)