Ice Giant Pro-siphon

Dohyeon

I am doing some upgrades finally to my desktop and I have hit a bit of a snag. So im going from an i5 8600k to an i9 11900k. All well and good I know thats a massive improvement. Case wise I want to use the Fractal Torrent, and cooler wise I want to use the ice giant, I don't really want the pain of water-cooling again and im not a fan of how it looks in the torrent anyway. 

so here's the problem, the motherboard I have is an EVGA Z590 Dark, ($180 at Microcenter and its a fantastic deal!) and I don't know how exactly the rotated socket layout will work with the ice giant. Does anyone have any experience with this combination that can help clear this up before I end up ordering the cooler.

Thanks in advance!!

Budget (including currency): approx. 2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Isn't the first version of the Ice Giant Pro-siphon just worse than the good old Noctua NH-D15?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

im sorry! it was the pro-siphon elite. the only real reason that I am getting something other than an NH-D15 is im not sure sure of how well it handles the i9 I know for a 8th and 9th gen i7 it was really good but intel has definitely became more hot

33 minutes ago, Dohyeon said:

im sorry! it was the pro-siphon elite. the only real reason that I am getting something other than an NH-D15 is im not sure sure of how well it handles the i9 I know for a 8th and 9th gen i7 it was really good but intel has definitely became more hot

It’ll handle the i9 but a prosiphon elite is a really interesting cooler and a bit better. 

The prosiphon MUST be oriented correctly, but you should be fine either way- your mounting holes are square, so the rotated socket doesn’t matter. Just orient the prosiphon EXACTLY as you would on a non-rotated socket mobo.

Also, upgrading to an 11900K is kinda… an interesting choice… when the 12700K and 12900K (or even non-K) are much better buys. I would not upgrade to 11th gen.

1 hour ago, NF-A12x25 said:

It’ll handle the i9 but a prosiphon elite is a really interesting cooler and a bit better. 

The prosiphon MUST be oriented correctly, but you should be fine either way- your mounting holes are square, so the rotated socket doesn’t matter. Just orient the prosiphon EXACTLY as you would on a non-rotated socket mobo.

Also, upgrading to an 11900K is kinda… an interesting choice… when the 12700K and 12900K (or even non-K) are much better buys. I would not upgrade to 11th gen.

I didn't even think about them being a square, I was thinking that it was more of an AM4 rectangle! Thank you!

I know that the 11900k didn't really move the world with its abilities on launch lol but coming from a 8600k plus I only paid like 240 for the 11900k. so processor and mobo have became really price competitive but the 12th gen would be so much better if I had the funds to throw at 12700 or 12900

1 minute ago, Dohyeon said:

I know that the 11900k didn't really move the world with its abilities on launch lol but coming from a 8600k plus I only paid like 240 for the 11900k. so processor and mobo have became really price competitive but the 12th gen would be so much better if I had the funds to throw at 12700 or 12900

Oh if you only paid 240 for the 11900K that’s a really good deal! I was thinking you were buying closer to full price.