Please Buy Intel GPUs.

AlexTheGreatish

On a separate note, has anyone else noticed these Chinese characters on the presumably fake $100 USD bill?  lol

image.thumb.png.0331780a12b19be8d8059c37dc003c57.png

Wish you'd actually shown some more in depth performance data. It seems like LTT is getting farther and farther from greatly informative and closer to entertainment/comedy value, as shown by the props. Unfortunate. I'm less and less likely to even bother watching the videos after seeing information like this.

6 hours ago, MetalMan1245 said:

You know what, I'd consider buying one very soon if I could find where to.  I found two listings on newegg but that was it, no amazon, no eBay, no Walmart, nowhere else I looked, does anybody else know where I can get one of these?

Right. It doesn't launch until the 12th. Most places don't put up their listings until launch day, or very close to it.

6 hours ago, anon489192 said:

There are currently zero A770 16GB for sale on Amazon, Newegg, or eBay.

Correct. It doesn't launch until the 12th.

6 hours ago, Jumballi said:

I really want to see final fantasy xiv tested, though as it’s an mmo that runs on either dx11 or dx9. If anyone from lmg staff wants to get access to my account for benchmarking, hit me up. @AlexTheGreatish @LinusTech

I think...Digital Foundry tested that game? I know it was in one of the videos I watched. Don't hold your breath for LTT tests, they seem to have gotten farther and farther from reviews, and closer to overviews. The live stream tomorrow is a nice touch, but I mean...it's a weekday. Like I have the time to or ability to sit through that.

4 hours ago, silentdragon95 said:

I fully agree that we need a third competitor in the GPU market, but that still doesn't mean that I have 300 bucks just lying around to spend on a, let's be real, terrible GPU.

Depends on the user. There's a very niche group where this card will make sense (I'm in it), and for them it'll be superb value. Hopefully there's enough of us to support Intel into the next generation.

2 hours ago, Vishera said:

Why would i do that to myself? - After all my CPU doesn't even support REsizable BAR.

Intel shot themselves in the feet by requiring REBAR in order to get the full performance of their GPUs,

Which is excluding a large number of would be potential customers,even 9th gen owners are excluded.

When it comes to CPU lifespan 4 years is not much, in this day and age a lot of people hold on their CPUs for 7~10 years.

30.99% of gamers on the Steam hardware survey have a quad core CPU - and that's a lot of people.

Also the drivers are a huge issue.

I don't think so, if what they're banking on is future gamers. If what they've implemented ends up being significantly better in the long run, then I think it's been a good investment and unfortunately those on older hardware will just have to miss out. We're already going into 13th gen, supporting something 4 years old if it was at the cost of future platform technologies just doesn't make sense.

Listing the number of cores and trying to say that it means gamers are on old CPUs is a pretty illogical way to look at things.

1 hour ago, LapsedMemory said:

Been gaming on Linux for nearly 2 decades with various success.  It's actually not a rare occurrence for a Windows game to perform better in Wine (or similar) than it does on Windows.  I used to dual-boot for that very reason, so I could switch over to Linux for the games that would perform better.  

I've seen plenty of speculation as to why, but it usually boils down to the idea that Windows just has so much overhead that linux emulation just doesn't have to deal with, so if the game runs stable in emulation, there's a chance you can get a few more FPS doing so.  

I'm excited to see how Arc runs in linux, especially on a system with SteamOS.  If they can nail their Linux drivers, then Intel immediately becomes the top option for building cheap Plex+Steam media centers. 

They've stated they won't be supporting current editions of Linux.

1 hour ago, twocows said:

I'd be curious to know if some older games even run at all. I remember having issues getting games like KotOR 1/2 and Fallout 3 to even launch on Intel integrated GPUs regardless of settings, although it has been a fair number of years since I've tried. Software support's kind of important, nobody wants to buy a $300 item and then not be able to run something they enjoy that could run on a computer from the 2000s.

If you play older games I wouldn't get one of these cards. Full stop.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

They've stated they won't be supporting current editions of Linux.

That's not how Linux works, and that's not what they said.   They said they will not be supporting version 5 of the Kernel.  They've already implemented drivers into Version 6.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

3 minutes ago, LapsedMemory said:

That's not how Linux works, and that's not what they said.   They said they will not be supporting version 5 of the Kernel.  They've already implemented drivers into Version 6.

Right but nothing works on Version 6 currently right? So it's the same difference. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Right but nothing works on Version 6 currently right? So it's the same difference. 

Incorrect.  Nothing comes with Kernel 6 by default, but that doesn't mean nothing works on Kernel 6.  You are free to install version 6 at any time.  It's easier to wait for the distros to make it part of the official package, but it's not necessary by any means.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

15 minutes ago, LapsedMemory said:

Incorrect.  Nothing comes with Kernel 6 by default, but that doesn't mean nothing works on Kernel 6.  You are free to install version 6 at any time.  It's easier to wait for the distros to make it part of the official package, but it's not necessary by any means.

Hmm I see. Is it easy though, or is it more like saying "hey, your Porsche didn't come with an LS, but you can swap one in."

Not that it's super crucial. The Linux community, at least on Steam, is pretty small.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

oh yeah, because of the XMX performance, doesn't that mean that RT on higher resolution = better? (more use of it)

As seen with digital foundery review, it seems like arc holds strong in higher resolution and RT than the competition.

Also can't one use the included tools from intel to see it's performance, the debugging/analysing tools.

Hi I'm new here and as a medium to heavy gamer on a budget with a gpu ive been hauling from system to system to play World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy. Im currently using my trusty asus1050ti which has been solid for my gaming for years since so im very interested in how these stack up to the games im currently playing. the rest of my system is as solid as i can make it atm for what i need Ryzen 5600x - 16gb 3200 ram - B550 TOMAHAWK Motherboard. Now i have set aside around $300-$350 for a new gpu and these intel cards have peaked my interest so if its possible for you to live test either of these 2 games that would be fantastic just to help me better make my next purchase.

10 minutes ago, ad3eek said:

Hi I'm new here and as a medium to heavy gamer on a budget with a gpu ive been hauling from system to system to play World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy. Im currently using my trusty asus1050ti which has been solid for my gaming for years since so im very interested in how these stack up to the games im currently playing. the rest of my system is as solid as i can make it atm for what i need Ryzen 5600x - 16gb 3200 ram - B550 TOMAHAWK Motherboard. Now i have set aside around $300-$350 for a new gpu and these intel cards have peaked my interest so if its possible for you to live test either of these 2 games that would be fantastic just to help me better make my next purchase.

At this price point, just buy an RX 6600 or 6600 XT, dude. 

Like in a general way I also hope that Intel GPU's succeed because we need more competition in the market, and I understand why they targeted this market segment, but it's also not a market segment that was begging for disruption. There are good options in this price range without having to risk the headaches of buying the first generation of a new hardware product. I get what Linus is saying but I can't advise any individual consumer to "take one for the team" by buying these just for the sake of Intel GPU's being a thing. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

It's about time Nvidia gets some competition!

But really though, the 10th Generation Intel CPU (or higher) requirement for ARC GPUs sucks. I know you "can" use them otherwise, but realistically you lose so much performance it's not even worth it. I use a 9th generation Core I7 and the fact that I have to throw away a perfectly good CPU just to turn around and spend several hundred dollars on 10th Gen+ simply to unlock full performance on the ARC GPUs is completely ridiculous and a spit to the face to anyone looking to upgrade their GPU.

I suppose this is Intel's way of forcing consumers on older CPU versions to upgrade...? 

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

Honestly this GPU looks to be perfect for a media server or for occasional light gaming, which is all I use my PC for anyway. I am definitely considering upgrading to one of these.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 // GPU - Nvidia GTX 1650 SUPER // 16 GB DDR4 // Samsung 980 // Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Please gib money so I can buy Intel GPU, kthx.

I'll find out what gpu to buy next year. Maybe a power washed rtx 30 series, maybe amd, maybe intel. They'll all be more than powerful enough for my needs.

I'm also slowly gettting into the market of a new cpu. So... an i9+ arc gpu bundle for 500€? Because apparently you need an intel chip for it to work properly? GN said they wouldn't recommend it to people who don't mind troubleshooting, which means that an intel gpu is not for me right now.

8 minutes ago, Ein0r said:

I'm also slowly gettting into the market of a new cpu. So... an i9+ arc gpu bundle for 500€? Because apparently you need an intel chip for it to work properly? GN said they wouldn't recommend it to people who don't mind troubleshooting, which means that an intel gpu is not for me right now.

um, also not sure about bundles. you can get something a lot more recent CPU instead of upgrading many times.

although better find what works, also could be a own thread.

https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=4294834665+4294807574

21 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

um, also not sure about bundles. you can get something a lot more recent CPU instead of upgrading many times.

although better find what works, also could be a own thread.

https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=4294834665+4294807574

There's no microcenter in germany, maybe not even in the eu 😜

I was just throwing some hypotheticals into the topic based on my superficial knowledge about arc and intel cpus and the current state of my pc.

Basically if I'd want to go for an arc gpu then I'd also get a cpu that works well with it. And yes, that's a whole different topic and not one that I can tackle right now or in this thread. And since I don't mind what cpu/gpu I have, as long as it is a good budget product. So why not go for a bundle deal that probably doesn't exist yet, but could help with making this gpu a much more tempting purchase for the broader mass that is in a similar spot like me?

Can I just say I don't really understand the GPU market. I mean NVIDIA's 30 series cards haven't been around for more than 2 years and we are getting 40 series next. Would be like if Sony just announced the PS6, I guess the same could be said for CPUs too. I'd be fine with a 30 series card for most things for probably up to 5 years or so. I just upgraded my computer last year and that had a 1060 and I want to say a coffee lake processor so I got 5 years out of it and I'm probably going to repurpose it as a server still. Just don't see why the hardware keeps getting refreshed and updated every year or two when that doesn't keep up with game developers that much anyway. GTA6 probably won't be out until NVIDIA's 60 series or whatever. Are that many people honestly just ready to replace a 30 series card with a 40 series cause it's newer. No wonder e waste is an issue

Dont tell people to buy half  baked products that dont functionally work. Dont buy promises of "we promise it will be fixed" And its current price, and with some of the many issues that have been reported, how could you say to buy this product? Its simply not a good product. 

Stop telling people to become free beta testers for these companies, Its the reason i wont tell people to get windows 11, and its the reasons i tell people dont buy first month product lines. Dont be the free beta tester, because they gain everything and you just deal with the headaches. Value your time and money more then these companies do.

28 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Dont tell people to buy half  baked products that dont functionally work. Dont buy promises of "we promise it will be fixed" And its current price, and with some of the many issues that have been reported, how could you say to buy this product? Its simply not a good product. 

Watch the video. He says to buy it if you're down for all those issues and willing to wait them out. Specifically goes through a chunk of the issues in the video before getting to that final say. 

It's a fine product for a first try. If people expected any better then they had some ignorant expectations. The most recent... sorta comparable launch was Ryzen, and that had a bunch of funky issues that had to be, and were, sorted later down the line, and then fully fixed with later iterations on that product. Didn't really come into its own til Zen 2, so 3rd generation of the product. We just haven't seen an entirely new GPU launch in a while, and Xeon Phi (closest thing Intel has done in a while AFAIK) was never really a consumer facing thing. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

12 hours ago, dizmo said:

Wish you'd actually shown some more in depth performance data. It seems like LTT is getting farther and farther from greatly informative and closer to entertainment/comedy value, as shown by the props. Unfortunate. I'm less and less likely to even bother watching the videos after seeing information like this.

Did you miss the part where he stated that they had an extremely tight deadline for the review?

17 hours ago, ARatChicken said:

Would love to see CS:GO with -vulkan launch options
and it also would like to see it on linux using DXVK to translate DX9 to vulkan instead of the the windows directx 9 to 12 conversion layer

This, I would love to see the CS:GO result's with -vulkan enabled on the game.

I would like to see if it can run DXVK on Windows to run DX9 - DX11 titles.

I don't know if it works, but I would like to see if it is better than the current DX9OnDX12 implementation.

17 hours ago, dizmo said:

Hmm I see. Is it easy though, or is it more like saying "hey, your Porsche didn't come with an LS, but you can swap one in."

Not that it's super crucial. The Linux community, at least on Steam, is pretty small.

From videos and stuff it's not quite that bad but Phoronix which did a Linux review of the ARC GPU did say that for novice as well as probably most consumers it's likely best to wait for H1-2023 since all of the 6 month linux distros will have kernel 6 by then but for now it would be more so for enthusiasts such as those who used AMD's GPUs when they transitioned to open source where you need to be updating a lot.

6 hours ago, Error 52 said:

Did you miss the part where he stated that they had an extremely tight deadline for the review?

Other reviewers got far more data in. I highly doubt they got more time. It's not new, their reviews have been getting less and less comprehensive over the years. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I would've considered the A750 if it were $250. $290 is just a tad too rich for what it offers and the growing pains you'll surely endure.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I woud like to see the A750 work with Minecraft Bedrock Edition on 1440p using Defined PBR.

On 10/5/2022 at 1:06 PM, dizmo said:

We did over 240 tests on 4 GPUs across 2 CPUs and 2 resolutions in 3 days, I have no clue how you want more performance data.