Jump to content

side and rear fan not providing optimal cooling

xdagamer
 Share

so my pc idles at 45c and it's almost winter in next few weeks, my case has terrible airflow. I have tried both as exhaust = high temps. Optimal for me seems to be intake from rear and exhaust from side but still the temps are not satisfactory.

Both are 3pin, one is corsair another is local one that came with the case. Honestly temps were better without side fan iirc but still not ideal. I can't buy a new case and my mobo is too big for my other case. Any advice would be helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

so my pc idles at 45c and it's almost winter in next few weeks, my case has terrible airflow. I have tried both as exhaust = high temps. Optimal for me seems to be intake from rear and exhaust from side but still the temps are not satisfactory.

Both are 3pin, one is corsair another is local one that came with the case. Honestly temps were better without side fan iirc but still not ideal. I can't buy a new case and my mobo is too big for my other case. Any advice would be helpful.

PC specs? Pictures maybe to show the current cooling setup?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Naijin said:

PC specs? Pictures maybe to show the current cooling setup?

z170

16gb ram

6600k (stock)

1050 ti

cm h410r rgb cop;er

some cheap local brand case (those are the only two mounting points)

 

it's astonishing that even a super efficient gpu like 1050 ti reached upto 80c in this case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

z170

16gb ram

6600k (stock)

1050 ti

cm h410r rgb cop;er

some cheap local brand case (those are the only two mounting points)

 

it's astonishing that even a super efficient gpu like 1050 ti reached upto 80c in this case

Which case? Do you have pictures maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Which case? Do you have pictures maybe?

chiptronex c100, the pics on the web are not accurate so im sharing this video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

chiptronex c100, the pics on the web are not accurate so im sharing this video

A 1050-Ti shouldn't run that hot, it doesn't even use a lot of power. Is it a silent design without fans?

I would suggest using the back as exhaust and side as intake, that way the gpu gets fresh air and hot air from the cpu is not circulated to the gpu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

so my pc idles at 45c and it's almost winter in next few weeks, my case has terrible airflow. I have tried both as exhaust = high temps. Optimal for me seems to be intake from rear and exhaust from side but still the temps are not satisfactory.

Both are 3pin, one is corsair another is local one that came with the case. Honestly temps were better without side fan iirc but still not ideal. I can't buy a new case and my mobo is too big for my other case. Any advice would be helpful.

Normally in those cases you want side intake rear out as then the gpu gets the most fresh air.

 

Either way its a bad airfloe case but thats normally the best option. Unless of course the fans suck then well nm to do about it.

 

Stock cooler on your 6600k?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Stock cooler on your 6600k?

no, cm h410r rgb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

no, cm h410r rgb

With that cooler you want to exhaust from the rear or get conflicting airflow.

Use the side as intake and rear as exhaust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

no, cm h410r rgb

My bad read this as a motherboard for some reason even tho you mentioned a z170 😛

 

If its installed normally then its doing rear exhaust so you for sure want side in rear out otherwise its clashing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If its installed normally then its doing rear exhaust so you for sure want side in rear out otherwise its clashing

yeah i think that would be better, because i have tried everything so removing the sidepanel fan seems to be the only option now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Naijin said:

With that cooler you want to exhaust from the rear or get conflicting airflow.

Use the side as intake and rear as exhaust.

53 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Normally in those cases you want side intake rear out as then the gpu gets the most fresh air.

still didn't help much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

still didn't help much

What specific model of gpu us it? Might just be a worse 1050 for cooling. Also remove the side panel and run the pc like that see if something changes.

 

Thr card is also up to 6 years old by now which does mean the thermal paste is basically dried up. A replacement might be needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What specific model of gpu us it? Might just be a worse 1050 for cooling. Also remove the side panel and run the pc like that see if something changes.

 

Thr card is also up to 6 years old by now which does mean the thermal paste is basically dried up. A replacement might be needed.

i checked the load temps (while gaming) and they seem alot better 4-5c less on cpu and 7c less on gpu, i think i am fine with current configuration

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Naijin said:

With that cooler you want to exhaust from the rear or get conflicting airflow.

Use the side as intake and rear as exhaust.

it's helping gpu temps are 7c lower but for cpu it's same if not worse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×