side and rear fan not providing optimal cooling

xdagamer

so my pc idles at 45c and it's almost winter in next few weeks, my case has terrible airflow. I have tried both as exhaust = high temps. Optimal for me seems to be intake from rear and exhaust from side but still the temps are not satisfactory.

Both are 3pin, one is corsair another is local one that came with the case. Honestly temps were better without side fan iirc but still not ideal. I can't buy a new case and my mobo is too big for my other case. Any advice would be helpful.

2 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

so my pc idles at 45c and it's almost winter in next few weeks, my case has terrible airflow. I have tried both as exhaust = high temps. Optimal for me seems to be intake from rear and exhaust from side but still the temps are not satisfactory.

Both are 3pin, one is corsair another is local one that came with the case. Honestly temps were better without side fan iirc but still not ideal. I can't buy a new case and my mobo is too big for my other case. Any advice would be helpful.

PC specs? Pictures maybe to show the current cooling setup?

1 minute ago, Naijin said:

PC specs? Pictures maybe to show the current cooling setup?

z170

16gb ram

6600k (stock)

1050 ti

cm h410r rgb cop;er

some cheap local brand case (those are the only two mounting points)

it's astonishing that even a super efficient gpu like 1050 ti reached upto 80c in this case

14 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

z170

16gb ram

6600k (stock)

1050 ti

cm h410r rgb cop;er

some cheap local brand case (those are the only two mounting points)

it's astonishing that even a super efficient gpu like 1050 ti reached upto 80c in this case

Which case? Do you have pictures maybe?

13 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Which case? Do you have pictures maybe?

chiptronex c100, the pics on the web are not accurate so im sharing this video

7 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

chiptronex c100, the pics on the web are not accurate so im sharing this video

A 1050-Ti shouldn't run that hot, it doesn't even use a lot of power. Is it a silent design without fans?

I would suggest using the back as exhaust and side as intake, that way the gpu gets fresh air and hot air from the cpu is not circulated to the gpu.

50 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

Normally in those cases you want side intake rear out as then the gpu gets the most fresh air.

Either way its a bad airfloe case but thats normally the best option. Unless of course the fans suck then well nm to do about it.

Stock cooler on your 6600k?

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Stock cooler on your 6600k?

no, cm h410r rgb

7 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

no, cm h410r rgb

With that cooler you want to exhaust from the rear or get conflicting airflow.

Use the side as intake and rear as exhaust.

37 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

no, cm h410r rgb

My bad read this as a motherboard for some reason even tho you mentioned a z170 😛

If its installed normally then its doing rear exhaust so you for sure want side in rear out otherwise its clashing

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If its installed normally then its doing rear exhaust so you for sure want side in rear out otherwise its clashing

yeah i think that would be better, because i have tried everything so removing the sidepanel fan seems to be the only option now

45 minutes ago, Naijin said:

53 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Normally in those cases you want side intake rear out as then the gpu gets the most fresh air.

still didn't help much

28 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

still didn't help much

What specific model of gpu us it? Might just be a worse 1050 for cooling. Also remove the side panel and run the pc like that see if something changes.

Thr card is also up to 6 years old by now which does mean the thermal paste is basically dried up. A replacement might be needed.

34 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What specific model of gpu us it? Might just be a worse 1050 for cooling. Also remove the side panel and run the pc like that see if something changes.

Thr card is also up to 6 years old by now which does mean the thermal paste is basically dried up. A replacement might be needed.

i checked the load temps (while gaming) and they seem alot better 4-5c less on cpu and 7c less on gpu, i think i am fine with current configuration

3 hours ago, Naijin said:

it's helping gpu temps are 7c lower but for cpu it's same if not worse