PC Crash with different games, no known cause

Sejithiel

My pc Crashes randomply while i play games. It does with Cyberpunk, Control, Apex, Bioshock remastered and even tft sometimes. i thought the problem was my graphics card not clicking into the motherboard, but i somewhat solved that. GPU temperatures don't go over 85/90 degrees celsius. I read somewhere that 3080 had some problems, and the solution was to lower the frequency ny 15/20 GHz, and i did. I don't know what to do now.

The pc also has some problems during restart, as it doesn't shut down completely but goes in a sort of "coma" where external hardware doesn't light up but case's and internal leds remain on.

Type of crash: Game shutting down.

PC SPECS:

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming Z Trio 12G LHR

ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi

Patriot Memory Viper Venom RGB Kit DDR5 RAM 32GB (2 x 16GB) 6000MHz CL36

Intel BX8071512700K, Core i7-12700K

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB PCIe NVMe M.2

Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold

hëlp

EDIT: i thought about something. My psu is not directly connected to the socket but to a power strip. Could that be a problem also? Mind that the PC doesn't shut down, just game crashes

EDIT 2: i just did a benchmark while monitoring the gpu temps, and i noticed that even with high (100°) internal and (90°) external temperatures, the fans go at 850ish RPM, which i assume is pretty low.

Check the cable connections. and put the rams in other sockets. if your ram is in 1,3 slot, put them in 2,4  slot. I hope it will resolve the issue. If the issue remains the same then check with a different Psu. If then the problem exist pray to god. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Sejithiel said:

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming Z Trio 12G LHR

GPU temperatures don't go over 85/90 degrees celsius

Older versions of the RTX 3080 had heating problems, I believe it was the VRam (don't quote me on that)

not sure if you have one of those problem cards. you have to check on that.

Patriot Memory Viper Venom RGB Kit DDR5 RAM 32GB (2 x 16GB) 6000MHz CL36

I am not familier with DDR 5. 

but as always have you updated your BIOS AND load default settings afterwards?

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

26 minutes ago, STELDR said:

Check the cable connections. and put the rams in other sockets. if your ram is in 1,3 slot, put them in 2,4  slot. I hope it will resolve the issue. If the issue remains the same then check with a different Psu. If then the problem exist pray to god. Thanks. 

Thanks to you, I'll try the ram one as soon as i get home. The psu solution will be a bit of a problem but I'll try to get one somewhere

54 minutes ago, kuchikirukia said:

reduce RAM speed to something like 5000 and try again.

From Bios?

11 minutes ago, SamClan said:

Older versions of the RTX 3080 had heating problems, I believe it was the VRam (don't quote me on that)

not sure if you have one of those problem cards. you have to check on that.

I am not familier with DDR 5. 

but as always have you updated your BIOS AND load default settings afterwards?

I'll try again to update my bios, and i believe i'm already loading on default settings, but i'll check on that too, thanks!

4 minutes ago, Sejithiel said:

From Bios?

you can change it in Bios, but you also could just disable XMP Profile, to check if your system gets stable 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

38 minutes ago, SamClan said:

you can change it in Bios, but you also could just disable XMP Profile, to check if your system gets stable 

Thanks