Delete

faca

Did look at the docking station. It requires up to 2 displayport 1.2 cables to work. I assume in tandem to get max resolution. The issue with that is: their max. length is 15 meters. But you can get active cables, to increase max length. Not sure if such a docking station would work, and I'm not sure if you would actually need such a thing.

I've got a second monitor and a second mouse set up in a different room. (bedroom) And they are just plugged into the computer. Works just fine, no docking station required. If you would just use that "30m Fibre Optic USB 3.0 Kabel" straight from your pc to your mouse/keyboard, and if you'd get an active displayport cable, you should be done?

EDIT: forgot to include details about max cable length.
https://www.tripplite.com/products/displayport-cable-types

14 minutes ago, Jahee said:

Did look at the docking station. It requires up to 2 displayport 1.2 cables to work. I assume in tandem to get max resolution. The issue with that is: their max. length is 15 meters. But you can get active cables, to increase max length. Not sure if such a docking station would work, and I'm not sure if you would actually need such a thing.

I've got a second monitor and a second mouse set up in a different room. (bedroom) And they are just plugged into the computer. Works just fine, no docking station required. If you would just use that "30m Fibre Optic USB 3.0 Kabel" straight from your pc to your mouse/keyboard, and if you'd get an active displayport cable, you should be done?

EDIT: forgot to include details about max cable length.
https://www.tripplite.com/products/displayport-cable-types

that cable is kinda expensive (300 eur) that why i was checking docking station...

second option that i also saw is "USB over Ethernet", what do you think about that?

2 minutes ago, faca said:

that cable is kinda expensive (300 eur) that why i was checking docking station...

second option that i also saw is "USB over Ethernet", what do you think about that?

Ah, alternatives. I don't know much about "USB over Ethernet". But I have a cheaper-then-300-euros idea. Just get a second computer. It can be a really old one, or near-zero specs. You would just use ethernet/infranet/internet, to connect to your main computer. "remote admin" like software. Screenshare stuffs. Pick your poison kinda thing. With software like that, if properly set up, you could even operate that main computer from Australia and operate your mouse/keyboard. (could even be done from a smartphone)

Just have a teamviewer, anydesk,... connection to it? Basically whatever is a forever license and call it a day. No need for a hardwired connection.