millerb415

specs:

asus x570 mobo

ryzen 9 5950x

lien le 360 aio

lien le o11 dynamic glass

asus 6800xt

asus rog 800w psu

need advice on where to start troubleshooting. just got home and started to feed my addiction to lol. not even 2 min into the game my pc starts to slow and lag and finally die. try to restart the computer and i get a warning on boot saying cpu overheated. go into bios and see it is sitting at a toasty 100 C then auto shuts down again. give it a few min and try again now have it on just idle with asus cpu tool and it is sitting at 90 pac 43 mobo and general cpu temp at 80? i feel it is the cooler but am worried it is the mobo or something else. also i have been using this computer for the last year so i know it is not that i miss plugged something in. I guess this is what i get for locking little devil teemo sup in blinds lol

@millerb415Perhaps the pump of your AIO died - at least that how it sounds like.

do you have a second cooler (perhaps box cooler from amd) you can test this with? If temps remain normal then you know it is your AIO.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, millerb415 said:

specs:

asus x570 mobo

ryzen 9 5950x

lien le 360 aio

lien le o11 dynamic glass

asus 6800xt

asus rog 800w psu

need advice on where to start troubleshooting. just got home and started to feed my addiction to lol. not even 2 min into the game my pc starts to slow and lag and finally die. try to restart the computer and i get a warning on boot saying cpu overheated. go into bios and see it is sitting at a toasty 100 C then auto shuts down again. give it a few min and try again now have it on just idle with asus cpu tool and it is sitting at 90 pac 43 mobo and general cpu temp at 80? i feel it is the cooler but am worried it is the mobo or something else. also i have been using this computer for the last year so i know it is not that i miss plugged something in. I guess this is what i get for locking little devil teemo sup in blinds lol

These sudden high temperatures point to a pump failure. Because once that small amount of water that is in the water block is not moving anymore, it will heat up pretty quickly and cause your CPU to get hotter and hotter, eventually it can't slow down anymore so it will heat up past its Tjmax and at a certain point it will turn off for protection. If you still have warranty on your AIO, RMA it

37 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@millerb415Perhaps the pump of your AIO died - at least that how it sounds like.

do you have a second cooler (perhaps box cooler from amd) you can test this with? If temps remain normal then you know it is your AIO.

that was my first thought. i dont but can get an air cooler tomorrow to test with

5 minutes ago, millerb415 said:

that was my first thought. i dont but can get an air cooler tomorrow to test with

That would be perfect! Let us know how you go tomorrow 🙂

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD