Is there a list of ATX 3.0 PSUs?

HungryHamster

There are a few I gave up looking a few months ago and just got one of the better 1000W power supplies that was available.  The adapters will work fine or you can order a cable from PSU manufacturer or something custom. I was going to use the EVGA 3090ti cable (2x8pin) but ended up going for the cablemod EVGA cable that is 3x8pin which is more than enough for 4000 series.  If your really strict about wanting 150W/cable they only offer that custom which is pricey.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

Why do you need one? It's basically just Silverstone with one, MSI, Seasonic and Asus. FSP announced them, but no info on when it will be available. But by the time you need an ATX 3.0 PSU you might have to buy a new one anyway. Pay early adopter tax and then buy another PSU later, doesn't seem smart. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

27 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

Why do you need one? It's basically just Silverstone with one, MSI, Seasonic and Asus. FSP announced them, but no info on when it will be available. But by the time you need an ATX 3.0 PSU you might have to buy a new one anyway. Pay early adopter tax and then buy another PSU later, doesn't seem smart. 

Thanks, I was under the impression that the 40 series needed this new type of PSU because of the cables. I saw the ASUS one, but that's for one of those mini computers and I will be doing a full ATX build.

44 minutes ago, HungryHamster said:

Thanks, I was under the impression that the 40 series needed this new type of PSU because of the cables. I saw the ASUS one, but that's for one of those mini computers and I will be doing a full ATX build.

It does not need it. If anything Nvidia claims to have improved 40 series to have less transient spikes, but that remains to be seen. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 2:45 PM, ewitte said:

There are a few I gave up looking a few months ago and just got one of the better 1000W power supplies that was available.  The adapters will work fine or you can order a cable from PSU manufacturer or something custom. I was going to use the EVGA 3090ti cable (2x8pin) but ended up going for the cablemod EVGA cable that is 3x8pin which is more than enough for 4000 series.  If your really strict about wanting 150W/cable they only offer that custom which is pricey.

What is purpose of 150 watt per cable. Is it cleaner power delivery than the adapter??

Is an ATX 3.0 power supply only difference in that it has the 16 pin connector native. Is there any other advantage cause I am considering an ATX 3.0 PSU or a custom made adapter as I want a strong cable able to handle all current overkill and clean power with excellent ripple suppression and such. Is that what a custom cable is for??

Even BuldZoid mentioned the wire while it can handle the current of 16 pin, the gauge of it is a little thin and cutting it close. Maybe that's why there were melting issues on RTX 4090. I just got one so looking into best route to go.

10 hours ago, Wolverine2349 said:

I just got one so looking into best route to go.

Don't flex, bend it left to right/right to left, that's about it (on the GPU plug side).

What case, psu/cable and gpu do you have ?

Pic below is bad, very bad (the cable doesn't go straight down for long enough)

spacer.png

Next pick is not ideal, but better/ok:

image.jpeg.e8e29be782e68531572d0c61993f2e2b.jpeg

7 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Don't flex, bend it left to right/right to left, that's about it (on the GPU plug side).

What case, psu/cable and gpu do you have ?

Pic below is bad, very bad (the cable doesn't go straight down for long enough)

spacer.png

Next pick is not ideal, but better/ok:

image.jpeg.e8e29be782e68531572d0c61993f2e2b.jpeg

Be Quiet Silent Base 802 is the case I will be putting a Gigabyte Gaming OC GeForce RTX 4090 in.

Using a Corsair HX1200 Power Supply. Will the adapter be good or bend too much??

41 minutes ago, Wolverine2349 said:

Be Quiet Silent Base 802 is the case I will be putting a Gigabyte Gaming OC GeForce RTX 4090 in.

Using a Corsair HX1200 Power Supply. Will the adapter be good or bend too much??

It's gonna be close, but that's one of the best cases for 4090, just run it straight down into the slit on the bottom of the shroud.

14 hours ago, Wolverine2349 said:

If you are worried about this, you could consider Cablemod's right angle adapter.

https://store.cablemod.com/cablemod-12vhpwr-right-angle-adapter/

:)