Warzone, bad FPS after few games

Chucky-007

Hey guys! Been playing warzone for a while now, and love the game. But I have always had problems with the FPS after a few games. I get stable 144FPS the first few games but after a while they randomly drop to around 40-80 and i have no idea why. When it happens the GPU temp drop about 10 Celsius, from 65 to 53ish celsius. If i restart the game it works fine for another few games. Anyone have any ideas for a fix. I've tried reinstalling the game, updating drivers, i play with DLSS on.

My specs are:

16GB 3200mhz ram

i7 10700k

MSI RTX 3070 ventus 3x

Corsair i150 AIO

Corsair Rm750w PSU

My first thought would be maybe your cpu is thermal throttling. Check your cpu temps and see ehat they are doing around the time the performance drops. I know if your cpu thermal throttled then it could make the game cpu bottlenecked which would lead to it limiting the usage percentage of your gpu resulting in lower temps like you are seeing. 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

My first thought would be maybe your cpu is thermal throttling. Check your cpu temps and see ehat they are doing around the time the performance drops. I know if your cpu thermal throttled then it could make the game cpu bottlenecked which would lead to it limiting the usage percentage of your gpu resulting in lower temps like you are seeing. 

Yeah but the thing is it happens when i jump into a new game, its almost feels like it's the "server" or whatever. But what is thermal throttling exactly?

6 minutes ago, Chucky-007 said:

Yeah but the thing is it happens when i jump into a new game, its almost feels like it's the "server" or whatever. But what is thermal throttling exactly?

Thermal throttling is when something gets too hot and slows down so it doesn't overheat. Essentially, its not getting enough cooling to run at its best. There are programs you can use to check thermals as well.

That just sounds like default Warzone behaviour to me.

Stopped playing it because each update was a russian roulette of performance or crashing problems.

If all other games are fine, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe if you recently updated a graphics driver, you could try reversing the update.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Hey guys! Been playing warzone for a while now, and love the game. But I have always had problems with the FPS after a few games. I get stable 144FPS the first few games but after a while they randomly drop to around 40-80 and i have no idea why. When it happens the GPU temp drop about 10 Celsius, from 65 to 53ish celsius. If i restart the game it works fine for another few games. Anyone have any ideas for a fix. I've tried reinstalling the game, updating drivers, i play with DLSS on.

My specs are:

16GB 3200mhz ram

i7 10700k

MSI RTX 3070 ventus 3x

Corsair i150 AIO

Corsair Rm750w PSU