Computer Crashing during gaming (mem overheating?) 3080 zotac

andm92
Go to solution Solved by andm92,

So i  feel like an idiot but i know what was wrrong now...

My power supply cord was not the right on and it was overrheating so now  it  is worrking great thank you all  forr the  help

Thanks

And92

Hi all i have never had this problem before but now i am seaming to have it with a few games (MW2 beta, 7 days to die and forza horizen 5) all games that i have played on  this  same pc with no problem before.  I did find  that if i lower my resolution  (1440p down to 1080p) and lower the quality of  the games (MW2 beta and 7days  at leaset)  It seams to  run fine but  i hate haveing this 3080 and looking like its on a potato... 

I  have also checked temps well the  games are running and nothing gets  above 75c on the gpu but i  think it is a  heat problem  because i can smell it like somthing is burning i have stoped it before  it crashes every time  i have smeled it but the first few times my son was using it to play forza and i didnt know that it was hapening.

Any help  would be appreciated

Thanks

Andrew

What power supply do you have in there? It might not be able to handle the 3080. You should have nothing less than a 750 watt supply with a 3080 at the barest of the bare minimums. 

I  have  a  750w power supply

It is the same  PSU  i  have used  since i  got the card so no change on that

it  just only crashes  after i smell the burning smell which i think is the GPU mem but  im not sure why its hapening  all of a suden and how i can fix it if that is the problem

i have also used Open Hardware Monitor to check the temps and power usage  and all seams to be good but  i cant see GPU mem Temp

Thanks

16 minutes ago, andm92 said:

i have also used Open Hardware Monitor to check the temps and power usage  and all seams to be good but  i cant see GPU mem Temp

How about HWiNFO and GPU-Z?
You could be right about vram temps,
I've decided not to touch a single Zotac product about 3-4 years ago when a friend brought an artifacting GPU for me to take a look... Zotac 1060, was completely missing two thermal pads (the card was never opened before).
And by doing a bit googling now:

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Thank  you so much for the Help

I was able to get Vram temps  from GPUz it is going up to 84c on the vram  then i smell the plastic smell and close the game and it immidietly goes back down.

im not sure what the vram temps are rated for is 84 high it seams like it sould be

Thanks

7 hours ago, andm92 said:

is 84 high it seams like it sould be

GDDR6X typically runs hot,
at 84c you are still under what is considered unsafe,

Micron (memory manufacturer) says max operating temperature is 95c/105c
https://www.micron.com/products/ultra-bandwidth-solutions/gddr6x
image.png.9831d3f338f9d80f15dba309d9707bed.png

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

• 4 weeks later...

So i  feel like an idiot but i know what was wrrong now...

My power supply cord was not the right on and it was overrheating so now  it  is worrking great thank you all  forr the  help

Thanks

And92