help me choose some parts

Lod

Budget (including currency): none

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  I will use it for server 

Other details

(existing parts lists, Summary by speccy

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit
        CPU ... AMD FX-9590    14 °C  Vishera 32nm Technology
        RAM 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 805MHz (11-11-11-28)
        Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-970A-UD3 (Socket M2)    26 °C
        Graphics K242HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
            2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (EVGA)    28 °C
        Storage 298GB Seagate ST3320620AS ATA Device (SATA )
            111GB SATA SSD ATA Device (SATA (SSD))
        Optical Drives
            No optical disk drives detected
        Audio
            High Definition Audio Device)

I need CPU cooler, more memory ram  and 1 120mm Rear Fan
1  120mm  Side Fan

my case is NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Any recomendation Thank you 

and how would i install the fans or how the air flow works 

Thank you very much

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Lod said:

I will use it for server 

What kind of server? I don't think it's a good idea to run a 'room heater' (it's 80W idle, and even 350W in full load) 24/7 if you don't want to hugely bloat your electrical bills.

Also, we need to know the details of your existing RAM and CPU cooler brands/photo as to know what we expect to upgrade.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

21 hours ago, TukangUsapEmenq said:

What kind of server? I don't think it's a good idea to run a 'room heater' (it's 80W idle, and even 350W in full load) 24/7 if you don't want to hugely bloat your electrical bills.

Also, we need to know the details of your existing RAM and CPU cooler brands/photo as to know what we expect to upgrade.

Nothing fancy i just want it  for some document and family pictures  and its temporary i want to built a raspberry pi server but its hard to get one now 

specs.. 
Motherboard  Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-970A-UD3 (Socket M2)

CPU  AMD FX-9590  Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 805MHz (11-11-11-28)

I let out a hard "oof" when I saw that 970 chipset. Though the UD3 isn't a terrible board, at least for that era of AMD.

Cooler: Noctua. NH-U12. If that's too much money, Hyper 212. If you want something more high end, get a real CPU before you worry about getting a better cooler. Anything (and even arguably the NH-U12 itself) more expensive is wasted on Bulldozer/Excavator era CPUs. And I built a full open loop with dual radiators with lots of case mod that has an FX 8350 and RX 580 (it's a Nitro+, so I feel justified). The cost to benefit just isn't there past a basic 120mm tower cooler.

Fans: Gonna stay on the Big Brown... Fan. Definitely fan. No other noun works in that sentence. Noctua NF-A12. There is no better general purpose fan made. They even come in black now, if that's your thing for your... fans. Barring that price tag, you can generally get an EK fan cheap on clearance. Check here: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/clearance/clearance-radiators-fans. Vardars are currently 13.00$ each, and easily do 13.00$ worth of work. The Meltemis and Furies are good too, if you don't mind your PC sounding like it's spinning up for takeoff. But a Noctua fan will last you several builds, so I wouldn't flinch away from the $30+ price on a Noctua fan.

Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws. Just search "g. skill ripjaws ddr3" in eBay, and you'll find lots of very affordable options. Generally, you should be able to get 1600/CL9 or better.

yes its too old but for now ill get the cheap ones as long it serves me another year or so     thanks for the help 

On 10/5/2022 at 7:43 AM, Lod said:

Nothing fancy i just want it  for some document and family pictures  and its temporary i want to built a raspberry pi server but its hard to get one now 

That FX-9590 is (hugely) overkill for the task you want to do. Another PC with way more lower power usage would've be nicer for your bills, or even an old laptop could do the job fine.

Otherwise, you actually only need the cooler and 8 GB of RAM should've suffice for the job you want to do.

To put the context though why I recommend that, I assume you're in the US, and with that running 24/7, you'd pay $10 per month if you're using it as a server.

Spoiler

image.png.ab6fc3e07ae98519405f43da62241a71.png

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC