AM5 build with workstation in mind

Comma

Hey there, first post. Was thinking between 7950x and 13900k, but 13900k is on a dying platform, so I won't be able to upgrade CPU in 3-4 years, so I guess AM5, even if it's more expensive now...

Current parts in mind, willing to change if presented different ones:
CPU: Ryzen 9 7950x

Motherboard: (In mind, nowhere near sure about it) ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E 
Cooler: be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX 360 or Liquid Freezer II 360

Ram: 64GB

Storage: 2TB - 980 PRO/SN850 (no heatsink)/Fury Renegade (either of these, not sure which one, renegade seems cheapest)

Video Card: RTX 2070 - In stock from current PC for now

Case: Be Quiet SILENT BASE 802

Power Supply: (In mind) Thermal Take ToughPower GF3 1200w

Not sure if the MOBO isn't overkill. I care for M2/sata ports, bios manufacturer with frequent-ish bios updates, the idea is to switch to a new ryzen in 3-4 years without changing the board. I would be also nice to have 8seg display and power button.

I guess my current PSU - OCZ 650W won't do this time, so if I am buying new one anyway, I prefer new PSU in ATX 3.0 standard, preferred long warranty (but not needed). PC is on 24/7, so I reckon something better than 80+Gold GF3 would be better?

Ram, I guess 2x32GB sticks, can't really find good kits for amd expo at their recommended sweat spot (6000/30CL), there is one from geil 6000@32cl, but can't find their newest-ish memory products in my country. Was thinking Trident Z as well, but they don't offer 64GB kits with 2 sticks for EXPO. Will XMP memory also work, any overhead of using that one over EXPO?

Before anyone asks, yes 64GB is necessary, even with that I am hitting page file often. 32GB just crashes with large UE maps unless I give it massive page file and then it just takes dozens of minutes to open. Especially when I need server and multiple clients at once on the same machine.

Budget (including currency): 

• ~15000 PLN

• Poland

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

• [Work 8h/day + personal projects] Unreal Engine, Visual Studio, compiling unreal projects/engine, opening large in-editor maps, multiple clients with server.
  • [Games] 80% of the games I play are CPU intensive (e.g. factorio, rust, oxygen not included). 
  • PC is on 24/7, with jenkins installed and running nightly builds/scripts.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

• Existing part list:
    • RTX 2070
    • 3x 1080p@60hz monitors. Will be upgrading within a couple of years along with GPU, for a couple of 4k@60hz ones, maybe 21:9.
    • 5x SATA SSD 1-2TB each, couple 8TB HDDs (most likely will remain in current build and will transform it into NAS)
  • Upgrading from 8700k
  • Got peripherals.
  • Looking to buy this month. Can move a month or so if needed. Building with workstation in mind.

7 hours ago, Comma said:

I guess my current PSU - OCZ 650W won't do this time, so if I am buying new one anyway, I prefer new PSU in ATX 3.0 standard

Are there any ATX 3.0 models actually available?

7 hours ago, Comma said:

Was thinking between 7950x and 13900k, but 13900k is on a dying platform, so I won't be able to upgrade CPU in 3-4 years, so I guess AM5, even if it's more expensive now...

Not a sound reason to pick a platform. Relative performance of the use case hasn't been determined. 

I think it's also likely that AM5 may be end-of-life by the time an upgrade is seriously contemplated.

7 hours ago, Comma said:

Not sure if the MOBO isn't overkill.

I think so. But there really aren't enough reviews to know.

7 hours ago, Comma said:

Ram

If you can wait a bit I expect DDR5 speeds and availability will improve a great deal.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.